Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
10 is higher

---------- Post added at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

so better yes

·
Registered
56 Posts
aghhh **** i got low compression because i thought low was better...ill have to return them!

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

how do you know so much info leeve

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
He's a certified technician.

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

He went to school for automotive

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
aghhh **** i got low compression because i thought low was better...ill have to return them!

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

how do you know so much info leeve
This vv..

He's a certified technician.

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

He went to school for automotive

And I also went through high performance classes as well as been in the tuner game for about 15 years now. I keep telling people, I have a LOAD of information, and if anyone wants to know anything to just ask :). That's why I made a whole thread about Performance Q&As that is a sticky here:

http://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/engine-mods/30241-performance-q.html

I've built several 1000hp+ engines ranging from 4cylinders to 8 cylinders, even a rotary or two lol. I do a lot of research and do a lot of reading and listening to people who tune/build their cars. I'm not biased as to the make of the car I'll have information for, however, I am biased about which make of car I will own, and any honda brand is not on that list of ones I will own, nothing against those that do tho.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Gotta ask about this bc my small garret turbo is long gone and want a cheaper option, so what do you guys think about EMUSA T3/T4 HYBRID CHROME TURBOCHARGER T04E A/R .63 on a 08 cobalt ls

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Well let me say this:

You have 3 options when doing upgrades to your car, cheap, reliable, and fast. Which 2 do you want?

I never recommend anyone go cheap on anything, they are never reliable. I get great prices on turbos, and even better prices on rebuilding turbos. Was your Garrett a JB or DBB? And I have heard of EMUSA, but I believe they are as good as GodSpeeds, not good at all. If you want options for your Garrett let me know.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Jb and ya I herd the same but needed your advice for sure,, so EMUSA is out, so is there anything as good to garret but cheaper in price not in product it's self, I'm looking for launch, quarter mile runs, so small to mid range turbo is the idea, but I only delt with garret. Hell if you can find a decent garret I'll take it

---------- Post added at 08:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 AM ----------

And I just need the turbo, I have the set just no turbo at the momemt

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Jb and ya I herd the same but needed your advice for sure,, so EMUSA is out, so is there anything as good to garret but cheaper in price not in product it's self, I'm looking for launch, quarter mile runs, so small to mid range turbo is the idea, but I only delt with garret. Hell if you can find a decent garret I'll take it

---------- Post added at 08:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 AM ----------

And I just need the turbo, I have the set just no turbo at the momemt
Why not just rebuild your turbo? It would only cost like $100 to do it, and you can re-run the turbo you want. Garrett makes the best turbo's on the market and JB turbos are cheap to rebuild and buy. Shoot, I have a brand new Garrett 60-1 JB turbo here (is comparable to a 35r turbo) for $780 shipped, and I have like 5 of them on hand.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well shit I don't have the turbo at the moment it's being rebuild and placed on my girls 2013 lancer gt, sooooooooooooooooooooooo wanna sell me one of yours lol, sucks bc I always thought turbos weren't the same after a rebuild.

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
No, they are just fine after rebuilds and balanced. I can sell you one of mine, $780 shipped. it's brand new and I paid $750 per on them, so I'd just like to break even. They are good to 600whp too lol.

And a turbo Lancer GT huh? Might be interesting, still wouldn't be as fun as my evo tho lol. it's all good tho.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks a lot, ya I see that we're jealous for sure, huge fans of those beautiful cars Mr Evos, she's lucky she's hot bc I threatened to break up with her if she didn't get the evo lol

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
lol, yeah, well, sometimes I wonder why I paid as much as I did for a used car, but then when I drive it (keep in mind had it almost 3 years now and have only driven it for a grand total of about a year (blew 2 engines in it already lol)), I remember why I bought it. I love it, it is my dream car. But it's not for everyone. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Forge U.K. Actuator (wastegate)

Anyone tried the Forge Wastegate with the SS Stage 1 upgrade? Apparently, they have the spring a little stiffer, so the boost pressure is up over stock a bit and can even put a stiffer spring in it to crank it up a bit further. It's not expensive, I was just wondering. Bear in mind the Vauxhall Astra VXR and HSV (Holden) Astra VXR 2006-2009 used the LNF with the same dual mass flywheel in the manual trans. You'll have to uprate the clutch and bearing with an Exedy kit or it's toast at over 300HP and use the Gates Racing "Blue" timing belt too. Some HSV's (Maloo) from DownUnder in the same period used Brembo 4 piston calipers. GM's Holden and it's ultra high performance supercars called Holden Special Vehicles (HSV) are leaving Australia next year, so dealers have been asked to reduce parts inventories. If you need certain stock parts, that's the place!) Yes, they still make an El Camino-styled GM vehicle down there and it's popular amongst trademen; a.k.a. Tradies.

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
There are more options than exedy for clutches. These cars have timing chains, not belts. Ive only heard of people using a forge bypass valve. Was unaware they made a different wastegate for the ko4

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Highly recommend KY clutches through TTR. Forge and Turbosmart make a replacement bypass valve and Forge make an VTA valve, Forge and Turbosmart also make wastegates but for the EFR series of turbo's I kind of doubt they'll bolt in but you never know since the stock K04 and the EFR turbo's are both Borg Warner.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts