Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to cut my trip in new York short for this :( I don't have a sun roof and I searched the issue but only came up with bulletins for older models.

Its clearly leaking out of the electrical plug coming out of that heater under/behind the glove box, with possible spray through vents its hard to tell

I'm taking it in tomorrow, its a perfectly kept 2009 cobalt coupe Lt, and now I have a soaked towel trying to stop the water from pouring in

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
622 Posts
Try seeing if it is gunked up with a wire hanger in the drainage pipe located on the passenger side of the firewall. Have the AC running while doing so.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Sometimes leafs and debris will plug drain hole. Dead center of the picture sits the drain pipe on the firewall.

·
Chevy Customer Service
794 Posts
I had to cut my trip in new York short for this :( I don't have a sun roof and I searched the issue but only came up with bulletins for older models.

Its clearly leaking out of the electrical plug coming out of that heater under/behind the glove box, with possible spray through vents its hard to tell

I'm taking it in tomorrow, its a perfectly kept 2009 cobalt coupe Lt, and now I have a soaked towel trying to stop the water from pouring in

I am so sorry that you are experiencing this issue. Please keep me updated and send me a message if you need any assistance.

Jackie
Chevrolet Customer Service

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey so for 76$ my dealership lifted the car, poked a wire through somewhere on the bottom of the car, blew aire through that wire attached to an air line, and then water started pouring out like I've never seen

So its ok now, but I never expected something like this to happen the way and time that it did since my brother drives his 07 cobalt much more than me and never had that

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
So its ok now, but I never expected something like this to happen the way and time that it did since my brother drives his 07 cobalt much more than me and never had that
He probably doesn't park under shady trees where blossom petals,leafs and bugs can fall

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.