Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I am going to try my best to explain what is going on with my car. About a year and a half ago I noticed a thumping noise in my front end but it only happened when you had the steering wheel turned all the way to the left. So took it to a friend who worked at Monroe mufflers to see what he thought, and they said my passenger side CV shaft was pulling out of my transmission. Had to issues with the transmission tho, no slipping leaking or anything. So we thought maybe it was just the CV shaft. So we replaced the CV shaft and the noise stopped. Now a little over a year later after replacing the CV shaft, the noise is back exactly the way it was before. Took it up to my brother in law to put it on the lift to see what was going on. And the CV shaft is doing the same thing. You can wiggle the CV shaft up and down where it connects to the transmission. The CV shaft is still in great condition, no leaks or tears. But if you pull on the shaft it doesn't come out of the transmission and if you tap on the shaft to see if you can get it to go back into the transmission it doesn't move. So trying to figure out what is causing it to keep pulling out. I have a 07 cobalt with a 2.2 and has 266,000 miles.

·
Say What again!
6,033 Posts
What kind of noise are you hearing?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.