Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2007 LS and both speakers in the front doors keep going out and coming on together. Never took the doors apart yet. Years ago I did install an after market electric door locks.

·
Super Moderator
11,820 Posts
Stock speakers are crap and conk out. Just replace them with any 6.5" speaker with GM bracket.

·
Registered
1 Posts
sorry i didnt get back sooner guys, i kind of got sidetracked lol anyway, after putting grease on the connecter on the speaker and that not helping, i took the little boot off that is between the door and car and checked that connector and that also looked fine. so after a week back and forth to work my speaker no longer works at all. my plans are now, to take the speaker out of the drivers side and put it in the passenger side and see what happens. if the speaker works then that means i have a blown speaker and possibly need some new ones.

im kind of guessing my speaker is bad, just from what is going on, if thats the case then i guess ill have to find some speakers that fit in the doors just like the factory ones, since i dont want to modify anything.
your speak needs to be changed, many other people have the same problem. just replace the one speaker or both. its worth it just to buy a decent pair of speakers you front so you dont have to replace them again down the road.
and the size you need is 6.5inch

·
Registered
39 Posts
Honestly It's probably bad. I had the same issue happen to my Grand Prix. It happened that the voice coil glue would separate when cold and it would only work when it was hot outside. Replaced the speakers and viola. It worked!

·
Registered
563 Posts
ya the stock speakers in my ls were junk. One was blown when i bought it, the rest sounded horrible.

Scosche <-- i dont know how to spell it. They make the right size speakers. I ran decklid and door speakers from them. They sounded way better than stock and were pretty cheap.

·
Registered
23 Posts
mines been doing this for 2 years. sometimes itll work for weeks on end, other times itll be crackly for a while. one day i plan on upgrading and amping the speakers so ill deal with it then

·
Registered
334 Posts
mines been doing this for 2 years. sometimes itll work for weeks on end, other times itll be crackly for a while. one day i plan on upgrading and amping the speakers so ill deal with it then
wow even the poineer system is messed.. wtf, never speaker issues b4 the cobalt. still cant believe it. mabey i've juss been lucky.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I put aftermarket speakers in mine. The passenger speaker was doing the sane as you described.then the driver side started doing it. So I replaced both of them.the driver is working great but my passenger speaker is still out. I don't know what it is and I don't feel like taking the door panel off again. There is a short somewhere. But don't know on how it gotten its short anybody wants to help with mine?

·
Super Moderator
11,820 Posts
Their just bad quality. Change them no matter the problem.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.