Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a surprise when i woke up this morning opening my hotmail. I received an email from PayPal saying that there have been some suspicious activities regarding my account. So im going on my paypal account and a transaction have been made during i was still sleeping. 179 US $, so im like WTF?! I checked my credit card bill and the 179$ is there. Well im making this thread just to tell you all that im really pissed about this. Losing 179$ for an unknown jerk that is probably laughing with this money, damn... So i decided to report this to paypal as a fraud and 15mins later i received another email saying that i will get my money back. They said that it will take 2 to 3 business days so it will be next tuesday. Damn, so if i would have been gone today and never saw this on time, i would have lose it all. I still dont have my money back yet but i will update it next tuesday to say if i got my money back or not. Just be carefull out there i just dont know how he could have found my password. btw i changed my password and everything and my account is on lockdown so they cant take money i can just receive right now.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Did you respond to any of those emails that said that your Ebay or Paypal accounts have issues?? That is how they get into your accounts. I also automatically delete them as they are always fake, especially if the do not have a "https" or a ".com" in the from address.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
no i didnt respond to that kind of email, i know these are crap. But maybe they just been lucky because i use the same password everywhere i go so maybe someguy hacked a site on which i was registered and saw my password associated with my email and he just tried it on paypal and got it. Thats how i think he got it, if not then i really dont know. Here are some info of the paypal transaction
Name:
Richard Rogers (The recipient of this payment is Verified)
Email:
[email protected]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total Amount:
-$179.00 USD
Fee amount:
$0.00 USD
Net amount:
-$179.00 USD (equals -$188.72 CAD)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Conversion from:
-$188.72 CAD
Conversion to:
$179.00 USD
Exchange rate:
1 Canadian Dollar = 0.948495 U.S. Dollars

Item Amount:
$179.00 USD
Shipping:
$0.00 USD
Handling:
$0.00 USD
Quantity:
Item Title:
BIN-IIN Database International Order
Date:
Jan 15, 2010
Time:
10:20:16 GMT-05:00
Refunded

Original Transaction
Date Type Status Details Amount
Jan 15, 2010 Payment To Richard Rogers Refunded ... -$179.00 USD

Related Transactions
Date Type Status Details Amount
Jan 15, 2010 Charge From Credit Card Completed Details $188.72 CAD
Jan 15, 2010 Currency Conversion Completed Details -$188.72 CAD
Jan 15, 2010 Currency Conversion Completed Details $179.00 USD
Jan 15, 2010 Refund Completed Details $179.00 USD
Jan 15, 2010 Currency Conversion Completed Details -$179.00 USD
Jan 15, 2010 Currency Conversion Completed Details $188.72 CAD
Jan 15, 2010 Credit to Credit Card Completed Details -$188.72 CAD

well it says "REFUNDED", but i still havent received my money yet... I hope ill have it like they said in 2 or 3 business days...

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
One small thing that I do it to put everything I buy off Ebay on a credit card. Paypal ONLY has by credit card, so I can only be "taken" for x amount. I then send the money into the credit card co. to avoid interest.

It is a lot easier to get a credit card to cancel a transaction than it is to get your personal bank to refund you money, and I am not flat broke in the mean time.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just to tell you all that i finally got my money back! thanks to paypal support, got refunded in 3 business days.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.