Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2.2L Eco 2010 cobalt sedan automatic transmission.
I've been wanting to get a full cutback exhaust for it but wondering if anybody had any suggestions.

I don't want something ricey, I want something a little beefier than the stock exhaust.
thanks

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Get the SS LSJ OEM exhaust :)
=or=
Option Racing Exhaust/Tsudo, no ricey sounds, quiet, low toned, but for an automatic, put in the silencer :)

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
id go cheap as you can, like stealth said maybe SS exhaust. IMO automatic 4 cyl don't sound great with an exhaust.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Sounds just the same as a manual transmission 2.2 Ecotec...the transmission doesn't change your exhaust note, lol.

I'm currently running a 2.2 auto LAP car...has a custom intake setup, with the Option Racing EBay catback...got rid of the crappy muffler it came with and tossed on a Borla Pro XS. Got it for like $50 on EBay, and the catback was around $140. I really can't complain for $200~...it's a very clean sound.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Sounds just the same as a manual transmission 2.2 Ecotec...the transmission doesn't change your exhaust note, lol.

I'm currently running a 2.2 auto LAP car...has a custom intake setup, with the Option Racing EBay catback...got rid of the crappy muffler it came with and tossed on a Borla Pro XS. Got it for like $50 on EBay, and the catback was around $140. I really can't complain for $200~...it's a very clean sound.
I kept my Option exhaust, low toned, baffles on downshift. Your right about exhaust noise in an auto trans, still the same, but any automatic trans, it just doesn't sound good when the TCM pushes onto the next gear, I hate that rmmmmm, bawurmmm, compared to manual shifting sounds :)

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
exactly, never in my life heard an auto that sounded like a manual car with a cat back. they all make a horrible sound when they shift. I've removed catback exhausts from cars I've bought for winter beaters because auto+catback doesn't sound right

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
gmpp performance exhaust

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I get compliments on how mine doesnt sound ricey or like a can of bees so I say go gmpp performance. You can go tsudo but not the same quality and i personally dont like the sound they make

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
yea i was out with my buddy that has a SS/SC that he finally brought from florida and he loves the sound of mine

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
That's why I got rid of my Option Racing muffler.

It sounded like poo. It buzzed, crackled, popped, etc.

Installed a Borla Pro XS...done and done. Perfect. No drone either.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I guess I'll stay with stock exhaust.
It sounds kinda beefy as it is when you step on it.

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

That's why I got rid of my Option Racing muffler.

It sounded like poo. It buzzed, crackled, popped, etc.

Installed a Borla Pro XS...done and done. Perfect. No drone either.

What did you get to lower your whip?
Also is it a SS sedan?
Auto or standard?

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Just swap out the muffler if you're looking for a different noise.

It's a 2LT automatic 2.2 LAP car...it's got all the sport bumpers and has SS/SC wheels. It's dropped on BC Racing Exteme Low Coilovers.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just swap out the muffler if you're looking for a different noise.

It's a 2LT automatic 2.2 LAP car...it's got all the sport bumpers and has SS/SC wheels. It's dropped on BC Racing Exteme Low Coilovers.
I've got the same exact car but black.
Yours a 10' too?
I like the way yours sits.
How much were the coil overs and did you do it yourself?
Hard?

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

.... And I just read your sig.
We have the same car but mines black, and you have the sun roof.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I think his coil overs were around $1000 for the set.

·
Registered
563 Posts
custom exhaust shop. Lous did mine for $350 installed, painted pipe 2.5" with magnaflow style muffer and any tip i waned all parts included

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.