Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Which chip?
The one I'm thinking of gives you 50HP, 12MPG, and serves you coffee from your AC vents.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Looks like CSS.net posts above. Sad isn't it?

If you are referring to the Jet Chip Performance Modules yes they do work...but they don't turn your car in to a full fledged race car. On a dragstrip you may see a .3 sec quicker ET with the stage 1 or as much .6 sec quicker ET with the stage 2 module AND all the bolt-ons.. You have to check that they make one for your cobalt as the ECMs are different throughout the year models. Getting a tune might be the best way but a tune could affect your warranty (modules will too if you don't take them out before taking the car to the dealer for servicing:) ) None of them serve coffee, however, but the posters above will be glad to provide you BS all day long...if that's what your looking for.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Looks like CSS.net posts above. Sad isn't it?

If you are referring to the Jet Chip Performance Modules yes they do work...but they don't turn your car in to a full fledged race car. On a dragstrip you may see a .3 sec quicker ET with the stage 1 or as much .6 sec quicker ET with the stage 2 module AND all the bolt-ons.. You have to check that they make one for your cobalt as the ECMs are different throughout the year models. Getting a tune might be the best way but a tune could affect your warranty (modules will too if you don't take it them before taking the car to the dealer for servicing:) ) None of them serve coffee, however, but the posters above will be glad to provide you BS all day long...if that's what your looking for.
I'm glad you have continued posting, even though you don't have a cobalt anymore! this forum needs you!

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I'm glad you have continued posting, even though you don't have a cobalt anymore! this forum needs you!
As long as I can impart my limited Cobalt wisdom I will...or if posters start acting like the ones on CSS.net...:laugh:

·
Registered
678 Posts
seriously which chips are you talking about (not the coffee bs) but the ones that work cuz i was told none work

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Yeah, My brother use it on his car and it broke the transmision, so he end up taking off the chip and fixing the car.
I dont recogment Chip

·
Registered
678 Posts
i know this is a tad off topic but it was mentioned above, but how much does a tune cost?

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
seriously which chips are you talking about (not the coffee bs) but the ones that work cuz i was told none work
I'm referring to the Jet Chip Performance modules...JEGS and Summit sell them. Not referring to the "el-cheapo" 40+ HP chips on e-bay:laugh:

Tunes run in the $200+ range...search for info on the trifecta tune.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks, especially to Red07SSNA. This was my first posting and after the first two replies, I thought this was a joke site. After listening to the last few opinions, I decided to pass on the chip. Thank you.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Trifecta tune is $250...plus shipping of the handheld tuner to you and back. There is also a deposit of $200 that you pay before it's shipped...that's refunded to you after it's returned.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
thats not to bad. 10 hp for $250. I'm definately getting it in a couple years when the warranty is gone... maybe sooner

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
My chip serves coffee from the glovebox :bigsmile:.. Yah I did some research on this and learned this is nothing but a cheap $1 resistor in a plastic box. Gives you hundreds of HP for $30..

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
i was actually reading somewhere that trifecta tuners found a way to "mask" it so the dealers can't tell. but i'm not sure if its just for the Turbo balt or not because what i was reading about was related to the turbalt.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
hmmmm. anyone know about that?

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
i was actually reading somewhere that trifecta tuners found a way to "mask" it so the dealers can't tell. but i'm not sure if its just for the Turbo balt or not because what i was reading about was related to the turbalt.
Would be nice if this were true. I don't understand how you can hide changing timing or fuel tables though. To look for a tune the technicians can pull up the current tune parameters in your ECM and then look at what the stock parameters should be. Any changes would show up.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.