Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

41 - 60 of 395 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
so how much gain would you get from a 2.25 exhaust? I've read the DP is the most restrictive, so if I started there and worked my way through the exhaust system would I feel a decent gain?

2005 cobalt base model coupe

·
Registered
563 Posts
Cat back and dp with a tune would bring close to 20 probably on a base model. And ya 3" for a sc is useless. Will hurt low torque a ton. 2.5 is a solid size for sc

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
OK, great. I don't really care for loud.. I'd rather have a stockish look/sound than the look of cannon sticking out the back of my car.

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
potentially. the ebay mufflers are pretty much crap. buying a cheap stainless steel catback gives you options for mufflers. i would personally buy a good magnaflow or borla muffler and get it welded on so it doesn't sound raspy

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
That's fine with me. I didn't expect it to be amazing. The only systems I can really find are ones similar to these, or ones with the "I go so fast my exhaust tip is burnt" tip, or ones for like $600. I'm not gonna spend that kind of money on some metal piping and a muffler lol .

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
I'm not sure if you say I beat my car or not. Lol but I actually baby my car.. a lot. I would just like some more power.

·
Registered
180 Posts
i put a cold air intake on my car and now it periodically throws a cel for a lean code whats a good way to fix it with out going back to stock and i cant tune it tell its out of warranty in 3 years

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
i put a cold air intake on my car and now it periodically throws a cel for a lean code whats a good way to fix it with out going back to stock and i cant tune it tell its out of warranty in 3 years
Welcome to the P0171 club. You need a tune to clear that up and make the most power out of you CAI, plain and simple.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
go to a flash and get the PCM flashed

^

what the f was i thinking... go to a flash to get flashed LOL

tune..

41 - 60 of 395 Posts