Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of painting my rocker panels black because the drivers side has some damage that is being fixed and I cant afford the orange paint right now so I was wondering if someone with access to a computer with photoshop could please do a picture of a orange cobalt coupe with the rocker panels done in black so I can see how it would look thank you very much :)

·
Registered
266 Posts
idk about photo shop but i do know if you want to keep them safe you ought to spray bed liner on it.

Rust-Oleum Auto Truck Bed Coating, Aerosol - Walmart.com

this stuff here i used on my jeep, i went almost to the metal with a sander and then put 3 coats of this on and after it dried you can do almost anything. i drove between 2 trees with my jeep, put a dent in the rear fender and took the bark off the tree, the paint didn't even scratch, no chips or anything. i dented my jeep in several areas where i had this stuff and it never came off.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
thats a good idea it would be super durable and not that expensive :) thank you
yeah no problem, it would look really cool and textured as well, i dig the black on the bottom

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Maybe even do the bottom of the doors if they have started to rust....at least to the crease.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Not orange but not photoshop either.. had to do a little repair on one of my rocker panels and had side skirts to put on. They were black and I didn't feel like painting them haha, when I get the front and rear lips put on I think I'm going to do those black as well.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that looks good with the black lip piece on the red paint :) I was thinking down the road I would like to get a lip kit with side skirts for it but I have no idea what one to get

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I still think the ss body kit looks the best on these cars and most people will agree with that, can find the pieces used for fairly cheap too which is a plus. And I love the red and black, when she's back up and running everything will be red or black, no shiny chrome looking stuff haha

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You got them for a good price I want to get lowering springs first though because I just hate all the clearance between the fenders and tires and I love how they look lowered

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.