Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buying the Injen SP7024 from a local Craigslist seller (it pretty much looks brand spanking new) and has about 1000 miles on it. I am getting it for $140. I hadn't intended to buy anything but the best deal I could find for a new one was like 285 and I felt this was a pretty good deal.

I'm going to install it as a short ram air at first since that won't take much work.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Nice pick up. This was my first mod and I told my gf that it and a tune would be it. Lots of $$$ later we race almost every weekend!!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had one on my old cavalier and i liked it. Unfortunately this is an automatic and there won't be daily revving to hear the whoosh sound. =(

If I go short ram air for now, I don't need to remove the front bumper right?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will probably just keep it short ram style because I think it will look better. And of course when its done I am going to talk about how I gained about 20ish horsepower and an extra 10 mpg.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Of course.

When in reality it probably gives you around 5~ WHP/TQ gains across the board and you only see gains in MPG when you're nice to it. Which is...never.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I will probably just keep it short ram style because I think it will look better. And of course when its done I am going to talk about how I gained about 20ish horsepower and an extra 10 mpg.
On the right track, but not true. 10mpg increase will never happen from an intake, for SRI, expect maybe .5mpg increase. For horsepower, maybe 10ish at the crank and roughly 5-6 whp, torque is where it counts :)

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Damn, I'm over that almost every time I drive it! lol

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I turned into the driver I hated when I had my cavalier. I used to just smash every gear and hate people that drove the speed limit. Now, I'm cruising at 55 on the highway and baby the acceleration.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
On the right track, but not true. 10mpg increase will never happen from an intake, for SRI, expect maybe .5mpg increase. For horsepower, maybe 10ish at the crank and roughly 5-6 whp, torque is where it counts :)
Aye brah.

I think you missed his sarcasm on that one.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Got it...lol Like having a gigantor spoiler and saying its 30hp and 4 mpg increase lol.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
by 5 gigawatz

·
Registered
2,204 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Psshh. Park benches are for babies. I rock a full stadium seating.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.