Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i know SS's look SICK but alot of ppl put the SS bumper only onto ls/lt's can someone post a pic of a Ls/Lt with an SS bumper becuase im debating what i want to do with my car

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
My base with an SS front bumper,

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
First of the two it doesn't have the side skirts second it does, it has the SS rear in both, the first it was cold so I could care less about picture quality.

Here are a few more older ones

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Ricey? for something that comes stock from the factory?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
There's also the sport bumper that looks a lot like the SS and less money. It hasn't got the lower lip though.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Lookin' good Coby7.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Came stock on my 2.2.

At least he went and got the whole kit.
You couldn't tell if that was a LSJ or a 2.4 on the road...

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Meh... the 2LT's have 5 lug.
I don't think you could tell unless you actually knew that the SS's were 5 lug.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Obviously... from the bay, or the wheels, exhaust.. ect..
but if you have an LT with a SS kit on it ( like stated above ), at first glance i would assume it's an SS.

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
I've never seen a stock 2.2 that came from the factory with the full SS bodykit.

Even if I did, I wouldn't be impressed. It's like makeup on a pig. Might look pretty, but it's still just a pig.

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

imho

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I have no SS badging except on the SS seats I swapped in. Suspension is fully redone with the main things being YYZ springs and koni's so you couldn't tell the height. I also swapped from 4 lug to 5 lug and have a set of factory SS/TC wheels. Brembo brakes are swapped to the front and later on the summer it'll have rear SS/TC brakes instead of drums. Turbo will be on soon then later in the summer a differently geared F23 with an LSD.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
not the full SS body kit. But i have the side skirts, and both the bumpers.

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

also came with FE3 suspension.

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
I have no SS badging except on the SS seats I swapped in. Suspension is fully redone with the main things being YYZ springs and koni's so you couldn't tell the height. I also swapped from 4 lug to 5 lug and have a set of factory SS/TC wheels. Brembo brakes are swapped to the front and later on the summer it'll have rear SS/TC brakes instead of drums. Turbo will be on soon then later in the summer a differently geared F23 with an LSD.
The difference between your car and a stock 2.2 with a body kit is that yours can back up it's looks with honest performance. The other car just looks fast, but couldn't turn a corner or post a respectable quarter to save it's skin. Cars like that I consider rice.

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

That's just my opinion anyways. If you like the look of it, that's fine. Your car, your money.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
it's different when the car comes out of the factory like that.... or if you put it on.
Now i don't know why that would be considered " rice "

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.