Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
Jack is right since 2.4 SS and 2LT did'nt have the speed but it came with it all stock SS bumpers/skirts, literally, so is that rice PJ huh?!?!HUH??!?!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Factory rice bronx....

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
i was just dicking around in that last part lol

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
lol well if it helps anyone sleep tonight if i do put SS on i have future performance mods its not like im just doing a different look and keeping it slow, also im about to get a wrap i think since i got keyed so thats why im considering just doing this first before performance

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
SS body parts are hard to come by so I picked them up as I had the opportunity to.

Also most people don't even know what the car is until I tell them now, it's kinda funny since they see so many every day.

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
If you like the look, and can find a kit for a reasonable price, take it. If it's what you want then you won't regret it.

People who see my car usually dismiss it as stock. An easy kill. I won't say I'm fast, but I've surprised a few people. Their stunned expressions always make my day.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
2 door and 4 door side skirts are supposed to be the same right? I still need to find a set of side skirts for my car...... but if everything keeps going at the pace it has been the last few days i should have my ss bumper and my retrofits on in a week or so...

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
well........ the front bumper if you remember i bought last spring shortly after getting the car.... the front and rear lips i found a great deal on so i jumped on it... as far as the retrofits go i bought everything back in december or january.... just now got the motivation to start working on them lol

---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

its not like i just dropped all of the money at the same time..... if i didn't already have all the stuff for the retrofits though i wouldn't have done them anymore... not looking to spend much more on the car for a little while....

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Yes the side skirts fit any cobalt.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
If you like the look, and can find a kit for a reasonable price, take it. If it's what you want then you won't regret it.

People who see my car usually dismiss it as stock. An easy kill. I won't say I'm fast, but I've surprised a few people. Their stunned expressions always make my day.
prius's and ford focus's? lol Our cars are slow stock

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Just a couple HP.. lol we make 155 HP probably 125-130 to the wheels..
you probably have a 10-15HP gain maybe without a tune.

---------- Post added at 04:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 AM ----------

2005–2006

Chevrolet Cobalt

145 hp (108 kW) @ 5600 rpm

155 lb·ft (210 N·m) @ 4000 rpm

10.0:1

link

2007–2008

148 hp (110 kW) @ 5600 rpm

152 lb·ft (206 N·m) @ 4200 rpm

21 - 40 of 65 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.