41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
^ i would hope not. lol

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
A prius will always take you on take-off because an electric motor has instantaneous torque Where a gas engine needs to pickup revs before torque and horsepower kick in.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
More like 100 feet, they won't let up until 115KPH (70mph) then they just don't have the HP. They weren't built for quarter mile runs.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
A prius will always take you on take-off because an electric motor has instantaneous torque Where a gas engine needs to pickup revs before torque and horsepower kick in.
That annoys the piss out of me when people say that, because they clearly don't know how to launch their car then. Not to mention the damn Prius has awful skinny low rolling resistance tires that wouldn't take me off the line, if it was actually that powerful it's so easily spin them and it doesn't.

You sound almost as bad as these idiots
Hybrid Racing stories | PriusChat

·
Registered
157 Posts
I like how SS owners (which I wish I was ) comment on Lt/LS owners adding SS parts. Ricer?! By some definition a SS with a big wing is a Ricer. There is no way a SS can get fast enough to need a wing that big. Maybe another $10,000 or so! Ha!! Got to love diversity.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
aren't wing advantageous when going +150 MPH or something, there's some SS's that can go that fast i'm sure. Wings are added just to look good on vehicles, and there are cars with wings (that don't need it) that look amazing

·
Registered
157 Posts
I wasn't reall y talking about you. Most SS'ers agree with you. Agree on the 260 over 155hp (09) (168hp now) but because I don't have the HP I shouldn't want my car to look good! But I am sure they are many people that laugh at any Cobalt driver. Before I was humbled by a lost job I was one of them. Ha! My friends (who still have Vettes, 300C's , M5's) call my car '' A car you buy your daughter for graduation '' LOL!! Hell! If I could only afford a skateboard I would do my best to make it look and ride well! This is far from a debate PJ, just expressing my opinion. I do hear you.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
this is the place to express opinions!

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Just because I prefer my car with the sport bumber doesn't mean I want people to think it's fast. It just means I prefer this look. I don't think it's ricer if you can't tell wether or not it came like that from the factory.

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
I agree. I was just making sure it was understood by PlainJane. Words get miss understood sometimes. I see we agree on that wing! I said the same thing!! Ha!!
I hear ya buddy. The way I see it, there is no right or wrong way. Car modding is not a science, it's an art. And art should never be constricted by rules. Do what you think looks good! :)

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
you would never need a wing on an cobalt ss...... it's fwd...

41 - 60 of 65 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.