Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i finally found time to do my interior trim today! here are the pics...

in the dark...

in the light...

·
Registered
462 Posts
Definitely looks good in the dark... not sure about the one in the light though..

Jk lol, good job, what kind of paint is that? Metallic? Did you clear it as well?

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol thanx, you guys are gonna laugh when i say this but i used engine paint haha it works really well! and i used clear

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
hahahaha nah, wouldnt laugh, i used high heat engine paint on the interior of my scion when I had it... LOL... eh, i guess its the same as me not using nightshades, i use regular paint on my tails... :laugh:

·
Registered
462 Posts
How much sanding did you do and how many coats of clear to get the nice shiny look?

·
Registered
462 Posts
hahahaha nah, wouldnt laugh, i used high heat engine paint on the interior of my scion when I had it... LOL... eh, i guess its the same as me not using nightshades, i use regular paint on my tails... :laugh:
Be careful with that, when I got rear ended at a complete stop, insurance claim took long to process due to my tails being tinted, make sure they're not too dark with actual paint VS nightshades so if you ever get rear ended they won't give you shit about it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
looks good i did mine but i didnt clear it.. it didnt turn out as good.. sidenote.. where did you get your headlights at?

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Be careful with that, when I got rear ended at a complete stop, insurance claim took long to process due to my tails being tinted, make sure they're not too dark with actual paint VS nightshades so if you ever get rear ended they won't give you shit about it.
yeah, i realize that, but go look at my tails... i dont tint the whole light... its illegal in VA anyways... so im good as far as that goes, dont worry, i know what im doing. LOL

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
#1, i used 4 coats of clear and i wet sanded and scuffed then wet sanded again.....the clear i used is duplicolor clear FX
#2 i got the headlights on craigslist for $25...not 250 but 25 lol

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
here are the steps to wat i did, wetsand with fine sand paper, the wet scuff with scuff pad, repeat those steps twice, then clean surface with surface cleaner or windex, then put 3 coats of prime, 3 coats of paint, and 4 coats of clear

·
Registered
319 Posts
Looks good I like it.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ooops my posting mistake, not your interior. I like it. Exactly what color is that? I was thinking about bringing some blue in mine, but my body color is too dark, so i would need a lighter color.
the color? ok if your gonna use engine paint like i did (lol) look for the duplicolor brand and its called GM blue because its the color of the GM logo..they have a lighter version 2....one can of paint is only $1...all your gonna need is 1

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.