Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) Hey. So I'm still pretty new on the forum, and figured I'd post some pictures of my balt. She's still a work in progress, but let me know what ya think.

She needs washed, but it was supposed to rain this day so I didn't wash her.

I have to give credit to my ex for etching this...

I have to give him credit for helping me with painting the interior too.

·
Super Moderator
11,820 Posts
Now what is a guy to do, he did all that for you and you blew him off.
Not a fan of the etched bowtie, but your interior looks real good. The black hood line could have gone to the interior of the grill instead of exterior but it passes. Have you tried taping off the center crossbar to see how it would look in black?

·
Registered
383 Posts
yes lol, i have the sunburst orange and want to paint my interior but the only color i can find from people is that crappy pumpkin orange which is all dull and flat. This color looks bright metallic lol

·
Super Moderator
11,820 Posts
Get a can mixed at Sherwin Williams to match your car then throw 3 or 4 coats of clear on there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I went to a shop that matches my color (for the interior) and used that, rattle can. I forgot to mention that my hood is painted black because when I got the car there were deep scratches on it. It's just temporary until I get a new hood. I used rustoleom on my hood. My ex did it for me because he liked my car as much as me, and I asked for his help.

Thanks for your inputs :)

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Should just have what you painted black, repainted black but with automotive paint at a shop lol. Because it looks bossy for sure:)

·
Registered
383 Posts
I went to a shop that matches my color (for the interior) and used that, rattle can. I forgot to mention that my hood is painted black because when I got the car there were deep scratches on it. It's just temporary until I get a new hood. I used rustoleom on my hood. My ex did it for me because he liked my car as much as me, and I asked for his help.

Thanks for your inputs :)

How much did that can cost? and what code did you tell them for the color?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How much did that can cost? and what code did you tell them for the color?
I can't remember exactly, it wasnt more than $20. I found my exact paint code online, and gave them that. I sense you are preparing something, and I can't wait to see the end results. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Should just have what you painted black, repainted black but with automotive paint at a shop lol. Because it looks bossy for sure:)
Yeah, but I'm not worried about the look right now. Like I said before, its just temporary. I'm happy with the results, especially since its from a rattle can.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
one last question to, Was one can enough for all the trim? and how many coats did you do?
Thanks for the help btw.
One can was just enough (we messed up here and there, so had to redo some pieces). We did two coats per section. And no problem :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.