Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
ok so on wednesday i was going to lunch with my friends when is started to rain. I was going on a downhill street and was going to turn right but the streets were so slick that my car just started sliding into on coming traffic so i pressed the brakes and they locked! so i tried steering but it understeered and i ended hittin a hyundai tuscon....not much happened to me but i wrecked that hyundai!........DAMN THE LS COBALT FOR NOT HAVING ABS!!!

its just sum scraping on the headlight and the bumper and a BIG UGLY gash! o n now its crooked!

·
Registered
273 Posts
at least no one was hurt!

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i wish i had abs! but yea as soon as i crashed, i stopped the car n got out to see if the driver was ok, i didnt even stop to check if i was hurt,

·
Registered
464 Posts
ABS or no offense but knowing how to drive when you car goes into a slide. I personally can't stand abs. I find it kicks in way to often and is unpredictable. At least if you know it's not there you know you can react and the cars not going to try and take over. Out of the 6 cars I've owned only one has had abs and I hate it. Love the car hate the abs.... it's the lincoln btw.

Sorry about your crash none the less and glad everyone was ok :)

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
ABS or no offense but knowing how to drive when you car goes into a slide. I personally can't stand abs. I find it kicks in way to often and is unpredictable. At least if you know it's not there you know you can react and the cars not going to try and take over. Out of the 6 cars I've owned only one has had abs and I hate it. Love the car hate the abs.... it's the lincoln btw.

Sorry about your crash none the less and glad everyone was ok :)
X2 my cobalt is the first car i have owned with ABS so i had gotten used to driving without it.. when sliding out in a front wheel drive, you need to rely on the gas most of the time to pull you out of it.

But anyways, sorry for the crash action! Like i have alwatys said, "if you have to replace, upgrade!"

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanx guys.....i am gonna upgrade ;) i think lol if i cant get an ss bumper i atleast want the ltz one with fog lights and new projectors cuz the lens got scraped and the halo rings blew out!

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
X3 on the abs hate, I've learned to drive cars without abs... My LS has abs? :weird:

I'll gladly trade with you, I love pitching my car into slides... You aren't going to reduce your sliding iyou have your tires locked up and crank the steering wheel, it will still slide in the same direction until the car hooks up. I guess you've learned that now. Glad no one was hurt and that your car isn't wrecked.

Tom.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
sorry to hear bout this but i hope you upgrade.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Yea the crash really sucks, but nothing can replace distance and skills. I totalled out a full size Chevy pickup with my Ram 3 weeks ago because he thought he could beat me out of the intersection when I had the right of way. Every one knows how full throttle in a pickup works in the rain, NO TRACTION. He lost and went to the salvage yard and I am still driving.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Time to replace it with an SS bumper or something better than LS.. and LS don't have ABS? What's the annoying shit that kicks in when I slide on ice while braking then? :-\

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
na the LS doesnt have ABS, ans wat your talkin about that kicks in is probably the rev limiter but idk.,,,,yup SS bumper would be sex.....in the words of SKIDS from transformers 2...."aw yea its upgrade time" lol

·
Registered
464 Posts
Who are you talking about the rev limiter kicking in? For your rev limiter to kick in youd have to have foot to the floor on the GAS. ABS is all in the brakes.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.