Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here she is, what do u think I should name her?

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha dude honestly i just fell in love with the car when I drove it. It's clean as a whistle, low miles, it's been babied and its loaded.

haha alright alright I'll get some mods. I guess Ill prolly do intake and throttle body first. 70mm or 75mm? hmmmm

·
Registered
9 Posts
yeah mustangs are nice cars but I am a Chevy/GM guy and I hate to break it to ya but that 4.6 2valve is not going to hang with a camaro/firebird unless you drop a whole whole lot of money in it. Heads and cam aren't going to do a whole lot if you are looking for streetability I would forge that bad boy up and put a 200 shot with a blower/turbo and get it dyno tuned. If it's an auto def. get the 3 to 3500 stall with drag slicks cuz those cars are killers off the line. Oh and if you get the converter and plan to spray make sure you get the converter made for nitrous cuz I have heard bad things about going the other way.
-----Added 14 Sep 2008 at 02:26:08-----
Oh yeah I see that you are a TKE where do you go to school at? anybody that loves racin is cool with me. IF U AREN'T TEARING SHIT UP U AREN'T DRIVING IT RIGHT WHAT WHAT I LOVE THAT SAYING OR HOW EVER IT GOES LOL

·
Registered
9 Posts
Oh yeah I see that you are a TKE where do you go to school at? anybody that loves racin is cool with me. IF U AREN'T TEARING SHIT UP U AREN'T DRIVING IT RIGHT WHAT WHAT I LOVE THAT SAYING OR HOW EVER IT GOES LOL

·
Banned
384 Posts
um gts can pull ls1s with some basic bolt ons. intake, tb, exhaust, pullies and a tune and he will pull ls1s

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
haha the car is gonna go through an overhaul in the next few years including a forged bottom end, patriot heads, comp 2 blower cams, and either a procharger or a Kenney Bell 2.2. It's a five speed so beefing up the clutch and getting an aluminum Drive shaft and flywheel will be an option to let her rev quicker. Naw man a little 2V 4.6 can't hang with a Z28 but also they look much better. My mom had a new Z28 every 2 years cause my dad worked for GM since the 70's building them they are powerful cars but looks wise eh. The new camaro is a beast tho. Plus, ford put out the cobra R and it put down what 385hp out of a 5.4L? So those numbers are a little better than a 5.7 puts out in the camaros.

I go to UC man! U a TKE?? Where are u at man!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The KB termis are disgusting. Most roll around a 600+ rwhp and are sick. I would be cool with 450 rwhp tho :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
okay first of all I like all sports cars but when ol' P1mpsy0r1c3's said that a GT can pull an LS1 with basic mods u named like 5 bolt ons and ur probably write maybe it could pull an LS1 but put a converter and nice tires on the back of a LS1 (not even tuned) and it will run low 13's high 12's. I have seen it done time and time again. and a fully and I mean fully bolt on 2V GT (Light weight K member, drag slicks, skinnies, TB, Intake, Longtubes, no cats, cat back, custom tune, plugs plug wires, 410's etc. Can run 13.0's some some can get in the high twelves but thats about the extent to a 2V GT with no extreme power adders nitrous, blower, turbo. I got a buddy thats got one. He can even pull the front right tire off the ground with his GT but 12.98 with a 1.92 60 foot time. Now when he sprays it's a completely different story. He can almost get in the 10's with 120 shot (he claims).. They are awesome cars but the bolt ons that ol'boy named will not produce 70 horsepower. The 2v GT's produced 260 at the Crank and the ls1's produced 330 though GM claimed 300(maybe they mint at the wheels) The cobra R's are bad ass and did produce more horsepower but they also costed twice what the LS1 camaro's costed..... When it comes down to it it all depends on who you are and what you like.

Virginia Collage huh. I go to northwestern in LA. I am in my fourth year I know a lot of frat. guys not currently in one though. Oh and if ya like to drive the shit out of ur car I highly recommend getting a short throw shifter. One of my friends has the STEEDA and the other has a hurst. Personally I like the hurst better is shifts a little easier. but it will help to keep from messin up ur trans. Last thing if you dont' plan on dragracing the car by all means get the Aluminum flywheel They give a lot of horsepower but steal alot of torque. The only bad part about them is that for some reason when you launch off the line they slip very very very badly. Why I am not sure but I changed back to steel and I can feal the extra torque when I go to shift gears but can tell I lost a little bit of power down low. Me personally I like my Steel flywheel better because I can actually do hard launch's . It's all what you want though man. Do some research about them and you can see where other people say the same thing.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
She is gonna be a weekend drag car and just a mean street car. I don't give a shit about auto x if I did I would have bought somethin that handled better. I need a short throw! I ****in hate this stock shifter. My next mods in order are gonna be intake, TB and plenum, aluminum lower intake, patriot stage II heads, and comp stage II cams. I think that will prolly get me low 13's with a good 60' maybe some nittos. Also thouight about bigger MAF and injectors but when I run boost the combo could be pointless. I go to the University of Cincinnati.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't really know anyone with that head and cam set up but it sounds like a winner to me man. I don't really car for automatics myself standards are funner to drive. Yeah u sound like ur going to be going to the track a pretty good bit so personally I would stay away from the aluminum flywheel unless you like rolling punch's. What kind of times are ya putting down, at the track currently? Are you having any traction issues? That is my problem traction. Its a ***ch man. I got a 152,000 miles on my 96 Z28 (LT1) and I got a 13.803 @ 101.73mph with a shity 2.42 60 foot time. Plus I just need some practice at the track myself. I can run with my buddy's Mach1 04 and 07 GT. And beet the mach or come close to it and he put down a 13.0 at the track. The GT is pretty bad though they both got spray so they def. can go faster.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I need to get to the track. I can launch the hell out of the car since Im used to stick. No clue wha I would run I need to find a weekend to go. Sucks with a vert tho cause u gotta get a helemt in case u flip the *****. I have some traction issues in second gear but thats gonna happen with 4.10s. I'm gonna beef up the suspension after I get my heads.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.