1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
time to get that supercharger you were talking about!!!!

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol if only i could afford and i dont care about winning or losing i only cared about that 1/4 mile time

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did mad weight reduction mod I don't get it... I removed the back seats and the ENTIRE trunk.... and I weigh 155lbs...

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea ss 2.4

complete gutted and removed bottom cusion seats. didnt wanna remove top seats cause i wasn't sure how and i didnt wanna mess with it after my friends seats got messed up when we did it to his once

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
344 Posts
top seats take a flat tipped screw driver and 2 min to get out both...

as for the time...heat soak doesnt describe that... i was running in 95deg weather last week at car was still pulling a 15 flat...and you should be right near that, very low 15s even in that weather

·
Registered
1,388 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
So wait.. you have a 2.4 with intake, torque damper, and lsj downpipe and your running 16s? None of those mods are going to make a huge difference in times but I'd say it's one of a couple things. First... how much seat time do you have at the track? If this was your first or second or even third run you may not get that great of times. Racings not something you learn over night or by reading up on the internet. If that's not the case and you've been to the track lots I'd prolly say something is wrong. I wouldn't vote a tune is the answer I'd say there's actually something wrong with the car. When my car was stock (base 2.2) I was running consistant 16.1's. You should be in the 15's with the 2.4 stock.
Could also be the track. If the track isn't that great, elevation etc that can make an effect on it as well.
But yeea... practice practice practice... still no luck get the car looked at (just don't tell them your racing it :lol: )

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
how much gas did you have in the car?

·
Registered
277 Posts
16 flat in a stock 2.4 with the auto tranny doesnt seem too bad for a first timer. Just keep practicing like mentioned above and before you kno it, ull be in the low 15s.

ultimately tho, a car thats made for speed is the only thing to cure having a slow ass car lol

·
Registered
527 Posts
LOL not to sound like a **** or anything man, but my best time was 15.83 @ 89.01mph with my lt 2.2. I remember you givin me shit for that. Im running this Sunday and will post my time. Only other mod I have is the Trifecta tune.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.