Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So as many of you know I've been without a working car for a few months now. This little gem came to market for a fantastic price ($7140 tax in) and I jumped all over it. It's a 2012 Hyundai Elantra GLS with 168,500 kms and a 6 speed manual transmission. From what I can tell the previous owner checked a few of the option boxes like heated seats, bluetooth, and steering wheel mounted audio controls. So it's a well dressed base model really.

I've only driven it for about 5 minutes so there really isn't much I can tell you about the ride, only that it's quiet, the clutch is super light, steering feels a bit dull, and the shifter a bit rubbery. But it's modern, supposedly gets fantastic fuel economy, is safe, and it bloody runs. So I'm satisfied for the time being. My hope is to drive her for a year or two and trade her in for something more to my taste, and still be able to make back most of my money. Car will most likely stay stock and serve as a DD. Well, there you have it. I'll update more when I can, but that's the gist of it.

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Where are the pictures!!

---------- Post added at 09:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 AM ----------

It's not a bad looking show

---------- Post added at 09:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

Lol why did my phone say show... Not a bad looking ride

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
i find the interior neat lol, but i like spaceships :/ nice ride!

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
i think tech like that in cars are awesome i love tech. I just don't see the need for some silly things like lane assist, assisted parking, auto windshield wipers. You got the necessary tech with that car though

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
That means whoever had it before did 55,000kms a year. Didn't stay home much....

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm a newbie to tech stuff I'll be totally honest. I don't care for things that generally detract from the driving experience like lane assist and what-have-you, but things like power accessories, cruise and heated seats are nice. I recently discovered the car also has a telescoping steering column, ESC, and an Eco mode. Fun stuff.

The car was bought in Mascouche. If the owner worked in Montreal it's about an 80km round trip every day, so the mileage would add up fast. Luckily the majority of the kilometers should be highway and relatively easy on the car.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Welcome to the heated seat club. It's a cozy place to be.

Sent from the sexy electrician

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So you're saying the car is a collection of movements and ideologies aimed at defining, establishing, and defending equal political, economic, cultural, and social rights for women?

Lol, I think you mean the car looks too feminine. Maybe it does, but I'm cool with that.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
didn't you own a mazda 3 not too long ago? not much better there dustin.....
Lol mazda is much more manly than a Elantra. Even the name is wimpy. Mazda 3 sedans are more womens cars but the hatchbacks I only see guys drive them. Pimp out the Elantra!!! There is a guy somewhere in my city. Has an elantra coupe and somehow someway he made it look completely badass.

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I doubt I'll be putting any money down to mod this little car. For one I haven't a clue what it's got for an aftermarket, and two I plan to use the car as a stepping stone to something bigger and better. For now it just needs to get me from A to B reliably and comfortably.

1 - 20 of 124 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.