Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,036 Posts

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I'm surprised you've never read through that, those are the instructions on ZZP's page.

I believe their kit just has some extra work into it to bolt on vs actually having to shave any parts.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
You shouldnt have to with the zzp kit.... also, your question mark is drunk...
The blower is the same, the tensioner pulley, everything is the same. you still have to shave part of the block off so the belt can run smoothly...
trust me.. i just did it.

---------- Post added at 07:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 AM ----------

I can take pictures for you PJ....
But if you have the 2.2L , you have to shave part of the block.
It is only a little piece.. and it's not hard.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
05-06 L61 and LSJ's have Gen 1 blocks, all LE5, LNF, LAP's and 07-08 L61's are Gen 2 blocks. Essentially the sleeves are much stronger and coolant was added, gen 3 is much better than the previous two which either on a built engine I'd recommend sleeves (Mr. B on CSS).

L61's and LSJ's have regular DOHC cams (not the same head) where LE5's and LAP's share the same VVT on a DOHC head and the LNF has a different VVT head.

LSJ's are typically limited by their stock sleeves to around 400 to the wheels before stuff brakes but a bad tune will destroy it earlier, they hate detonation and will crack sleeves especially on a meth setup when the meth fails (most common failure). LNF's are limited by their rods to about 550-600 WHP but it's not too uncommon to see pistons go with a bad tune. The LE5 in 06-07 was forged and the most anyone's pushed them too was 406 WHP 47x wheel torque (forget exact torque number but it was in the 470's). L61's later than 07 LE5's and LAP's are known to go around 250-260 WHP/TQ by the little rods.

The most important thing at any power level is the tune, a bad one can destroy an engine at a much lower HP than normal.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
No idea what a D16 is

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I'm probably going to get myself in some trouble with my new plates...

·
Registered
675 Posts
ha yeah but thats worth it for sure

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Who's installing it PJ?

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
The plan was to take it to Levi's place, but that doesn't leave room for error, as a mistake with the tune or parts could leave me stranded. It'd be a similar situation with Powell's shop.

I mentioned my project to some friends, (both 3rd year apprentices) and they like the idea of giving it a shot. This way I could actively participate in the work, hang out with my buddies, not have to pay out of my nose and if there's a problem, I don't need a tow across provincial or country lines.

So I just received the tune in my inbox. Now do I need a special program to install it?

21 - 40 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.