Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i have a question who have use plasti dip and what are your +/- ? if i plasti dip my hood how long it will last ? thanks !

·
Say What again!
6,011 Posts
I used plasti-dip on my steelies last October...still holding strong, and still looks great. A lot of people like plasti-dip, and it'll hold up to rocks better than rattle can, that's for sure. Plus it peels off in one sheet if you want to remove it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
hey i have a question who have use plasti dip and what are your +/- ? if i plasti dip my hood how long it will last ? thanks !
i saw a video of it done on youtube..Im contemplating plastidippping my entire hood black to see how it would turn out..good luck boss

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
There is a 3m product out now that can be put anywhere on your car. Typically about $800 for the entire front end but it works like a cell phone screen cover. It's clear and absorbs all the dings and chips from debris. Not doing it on this car since it already has it's share but when I buy new, you better believe that car is getting it done.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I used plasti-dip on my steelies last October...still holding strong, and still looks great. A lot of people like plasti-dip, and it'll hold up to rocks better than rattle can, that's for sure. Plus it peels off in one sheet if you want to remove it.
you like the look of it too? been debating doing it to mine til i get rims

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Only good thing I like about Plasti-dep is that you can just peel it off if you don't like it.

It's the next fad...it's killed tons of good looking cars.

But then there are the few that have taste and use it sparingly and correctly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I used plasti dip on my badges, it looks really good, and feels like its not going anywhere, if that makes sense... i defiantly recommend it, because if you dont like it, it peels away just like the videos

·
Registered
583 Posts
I used plasti dip on my badges, it looks really good, and feels like its not going anywhere, if that makes sense... i defiantly recommend it, because if you dont like it, it peels away just like the videos
So when you go to the market your badges stay home?...:laugh: JK !!!....I wanna try that but on the whole car so I can drive a Black Mate balt for a while than peel off and be back on Red :nuts:

·
Registered
423 Posts
So when you go to the market your badges stay home?...:laugh: JK !!!....I wanna try that but on the whole car so I can drive a Black Mate balt for a while than peel off and be back on Red :nuts:
i am very prepared for the aftermath of my statement... but i plan on doing this this month... sorry, not sorry:toung:

·
Registered
423 Posts
oh i know its been done, i was just preparing yall for what is to come... i just dont like the color of my car enough but i dont want to paint it...

·
Registered
353 Posts
If you go cheap chances are it's gonna look RICE. If you plan on keeping it on the car for a while, get the kit, and get a decent sprayer. Something I've been thinking about doing, one day...

·
Registered
423 Posts
well the kit is a waste of money IMO, its really either the dip and a sprayer or the cans with the widespray tip. ive seen a car come out well with the widespray tip and..... i'm really good with spray cans because i used to be a graffiti artist XD

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.