Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Yc fam I need some help. I want to remove my spoiler and need to know where I can purchase some plastic pop rivets to cover the trunk holes. Has anyone tried this? Is their a particular size needed to prevent leaks in the trunk?

·
Registered
911 Posts
don't use rivets, use push pins..u can get them at Autozone (I've heard, not sure cuz I'm Canadian)..can't think right off hand what size it is...we do it at work sometimes

push clip I mean...don't know why I said push pin lol

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Can get them at any autoparts stores, just measure the holes and get the appropriate plugs. Probably should also put some silicone around the holes to weather seal the holes also.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just get the biggest ones and glue em with silicone
That sounds better so I don't have deal with getting measurements.

This, you can even paint them if you want. lol I had them for a week but I like everything to be clean and I couldnt stand the way they looked. I ended up trading a member trunks.
Yea I wish I could trade trunks but you can't with the G5. The spoiler comes standard :laugh:. Do I have to paint the caps or do they come pre colored?

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Probably will have to paint the caps, have only seen them in back and white. May be able to find some colored ones on Ebay, do not know for sure though.

·
Registered
254 Posts
One of the holes in my trunk was square....so i lined inside of trund with elictrical tape and then put silicone on outside under clip and again on inside around clip to seal mine.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm going to buy a heat gun to help remove the spoiler and some push caps. I'll give it a try this weekend. Yes Garrett, looking at those pics make me VERY excited.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Went to autozone today and picked up some push caps, paint and silicone glue. The G5 will be wingless very soon!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.