Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Plastidip Interior (updated with pics )

good idea yes or no? also the price for one can of plastidip in canada is 20bucks

already did my trim pieces and it looks so clean! ill get pics up as soon as i can

all the black is plastidipped on the trim

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
pics! im thinking about the same thing, because gloss looks crappy and if it looks like shit just peel it off!
thats the way i feel, and matte doesn't look cheap, and theres so many colours to choose from also gives the trim pieces a nice texture

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
why don't u guys use dupli-color vinyl&fabric paint, as long as u prep it right it won't chip or peel!
because its permanent, this stuff is just as good , if not better with a better finish and nicer texture to it, plus if you get tired, u peel and keep stock or do another colour, and this stuff is pretty durable with at least 4 coats

·
Registered
150 Posts
its a cheap alternative for a nice look, but if you plan on touching it all the time you might get annoyed since it is a textured feel. not what im looking for inside a car

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its a cheap alternative for a nice look, but if you plan on touching it all the time you might get annoyed since it is a textured feel. not what im looking for inside a car
hahaha a serious question, but what are you looking for in a car? cuz leather has a textured feel, and so does other soft touch surfaces, in general i just think plastidip is a better alternative to dupli colour and removable, also doesn't give off a cheap plastic look, and if you get bored of it, its removable and therefore equals win (no bashing intended :), everyone is allowed to do what they want with their car and has own tastes , which is dually noted , and in no way am bashing your taste ):)

·
Say What again!
5,998 Posts
Plasti-Dip also makes a clear-coat, which you could use after the color coat.

·
Registered
150 Posts
hahaha a serious question, but what are you looking for in a car? cuz leather has a textured feel, and so does other soft touch surfaces, in general i just think plastidip is a better alternative to dupli colour and removable, also doesn't give off a cheap plastic look, and if you get bored of it, its removable and therefore equals win (no bashing intended :), everyone is allowed to do what they want with their car and has own tastes , which is dually noted , and in no way am bashing your taste ):)
I dont own my cobalt anymore, so even if you bashed me I wouldnt care lol All I meant was that a texture trim piece isnt very common in a car, trim is usually smooth. I painted my glove box when I had the cobalt with plasti dip and every time I touched it, my fingers left oil marks. Like I said it would still look good, I just wouldnt want to touch it.lol

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I dont own my cobalt anymore, so even if you bashed me I wouldnt care lol All I meant was that a texture trim piece isnt very common in a car, trim is usually smooth. I painted my glove box when I had the cobalt with plasti dip and every time I touched it, my fingers left oil marks. Like I said it would still look good, I just wouldnt want to touch it.lol
that makes sense hhahah no harm intended

·
Registered
150 Posts
hey uknowhim hows your crossfire? any pics? i recently bought a caliber srt4 an love it!
haha we both moved onto different cars around the same time, I saw you post pics of the srt4 a little while back, it looks sick! I havent uploaded any pics of the crossfire yet, but I will. I'm just trying to get it picture ready so to speak. I bought the car with some smoke stains on the headliner that I just got out today and I need to repair the headlight which is hazed over. Just waiting for a warm day here in Jersey. Once that Is fixed I will post pics. But I love the car, so much faster and it drives just like a mercedes since it has 80% mercedes parts and an slk engine. I already upgraded the system with a new headunit and speakers. I have the subs and amp but I havent installed them yet. SLow but steady pace with the mods do to cash. I hate that this car is Premium fuel tho :/

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ill try to get pics up this week guys ! sorry didn't have time to take pics and put them on my laptop

·
Registered
922 Posts
why don't u guys use dupli-color vinyl&fabric paint, as long as u prep it right it won't chip or peel!
but it will scratch. I've painted for years, and cleaned and prepped all my interior parts the same way would prep the aircraft I work on. I've taken car of my interior paint just pretty well, but no matter how many times I've repainted and touched it up, it will still be prone to scratching. I've just recently got some high solids polyurethane paint, that i will be using as my next solution.

As for the plasti dip idea, I think its a great temporary idea. Try it out see what happens.

·
Registered
302 Posts
i had my wheels done all through new england winter and they are still MINT! thats why i think plastidip might work on the interior, it was so annoying when i painted my interior on my last car, the door panels and lower kick panels would get wrecked from me forgetting to be careful getting in and out, and especially passangers.

get pics when done man!

·
Registered
922 Posts
i had my wheels done all through new england winter and they are still MINT! thats why i think plastidip might work on the interior, it was so annoying when i painted my interior on my last car, the door panels and lower kick panels would get wrecked from me forgetting to be careful getting in and out, and especially passangers.

get pics when done man!
also pics after 6 months...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.