Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was involved in a minor accident with my balt. The insurance will sent $400 to change the hood. I wanna take this opportunity and put like a fiber glass or carbon fiber... anything but an OEM.... i have been checking the websides around but with the S&H comes to more than $500. Please guys help me find a and aftermarket nice HOOD for no more than maybe $450. I really been looking around everywhere. I could pick it up from NJ PA or NY... if thats the case

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the red one i like... its fiber glass and its also cheaper.... how much can i get them for??? please no more than 450

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Unless you can find a used fiberglass or CF hood I don't think you're going to find one for less than $450 new, especially if you have to pay taxes on it too...and then you'll have to get it painted.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I found my cf hood on ebay for $625. My insurance gave me $400 and the body shop gave me another $100 for my hood so I only ended up paying $125 + shipping for my cf hood. Gotta love full coverage

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Just remember, If its not carbon fiber you will have to have it painted. And on average, just to get it painted is 300-400 bucks. I paid about 500 for my fiberglass hood shipped + another 400 to have it color matched. So in the long run carbon fiber is cheaper

·
Registered
450 Posts
does anyone know where i can find that vented hood that is on the g5 or g6 i believe. has two vents right in front?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I found my cf hood on ebay for $625. My insurance gave me $400 and the body shop gave me another $100 for my hood so I only ended up paying $125 + shipping for my cf hood. Gotta love full coverage
the body shop gave you $100? i didnt know body shops gave you money for that? my hood only has a minor dent..... i was planning to sell it by the weight in one of those places they take steel and metal for cash lol

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
love that hood that ADMIN posted.... that would be my first pick. Also check RACING SOLUTION i know they are always running group buys or specials.

·
Registered
450 Posts
thanx red i found it like 5 min. later

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.