Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has thrown a cell so I went to have it checked at Autozone. They were unable to read it due to my OBDII connecter will not connect. They think there is a blown fuse or relay. Does anyone even know which fuses and relays to even check? Or any other ideas? Oh, and I also tried Advance and got the same reply.

·
Registered
24 Posts
If its under warranty, take it to the dealership. Otherwise, check the cigarette lighter fuse. The DLC shares its power with that circuit.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
well, you could have some fun with a pair of pliers and go fishing for fuses, lol

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was hoping someone might know what fuse it is tiedin with to avoid that.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
could be one of many, i wouldnt know because of how little info you gave about the problem.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The plug in for my OBDII is not sending information like it has no power going to it (meaning the plug), so they think the fuse or relay for it is blown, but I have no idea which fuse the OBDII is linked to. Do you understand now.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
should be with the ECU, check the fuses inside the car(located under the dash on the passenger side, center console) and under the hood(driver's side) for any fuse related to an OBD connector or ecu(computer module of some sort)

Did they have the key in the ON position, without the engine running???????

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
so you just have to check the fuses i pointed out, you should be able to tell if they are blown just by looking at them.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Someone at work actually had one of those code readers and wanted to see what the auto part stores were talking about. He got the same link error message, but he said it is getting power just will not link up. His machine was the same as the ones both stores used. He believes there is something different about the cpu like either being OBDIII or a hybrid version of OBDII and I need a newe reader to read it. But the light is out now anyway,I put half a tank of high octane gas in to mix with what we believe to have been bad gas.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Someone at work actually had one of those code readers and wanted to see what the auto part stores were talking about. He got the same link error message, but he said it is getting power just will not link up. His machine was the same as the ones both stores used. He believes there is something different about the cpu like either being OBDIII or a hybrid version of OBDII and I need a newe reader to read it. But the light is out now anyway,I put half a tank of high octane gas in to mix with what we believe to have been bad gas.
sounds like the O2 sensor to me.......and about the link-up, my car is an 06, and i had no problem reading the codes with the snap-on reader my shop has.......

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Its probably a better meter and your probably right about the o2 sensor, possibly caused from the burning of bad gas.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
usually a stale gas will cause the O2 sensor to throw a cel...........and with the scanner, i used our older scanner, not a newer one.......

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't know what brand scanner they used but they were all the same and they were orange.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
so are both ours, lol

my corsica had the same problem, and i believe it was an ecm relay

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Updated Problem

My car is throwing code p0141 (O2 SENSOR BNK1 SEN2 HEATER CKT MALF), i CHANGED THE SENSOR BUT THE CODE STILL CAME BACK. ANY SUGGESTIONS

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
My car is throwing code p0141 (O2 SENSOR BNK1 SEN2 HEATER CKT MALF), i CHANGED THE SENSOR BUT THE CODE STILL CAME BACK. ANY SUGGESTIONS
which sensor? there are two of them......have you changed your cat?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
SEn2 would mean the down flow sensor which is the one I replaced, and yes my car has a CA downpipe with hi flo cat.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
ok, that's a start, now, did it start throwing the code after you installed the parts, or have the parts been installed for awhile before the code appeared?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.