Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there is probably a post on here somewhere.....if there is i cant find it, so ill ask.....the sparkplugs are supposed to last 100,00 miles...i find that hard to believe but ill go with it....but the question i have is shouldnt the gap on them be checked every so often??? i alway checked them in my last car every oil chang and the gaps was usualy off...

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
You shouldnt need to be re-checking the gap, if they are off, then something is wrong. Spark Plug Gap should only be done initially when installed, because trying to re-gap worn spark plugs will usually end up with arcing of the electrode.......thus shortening the life of the plug

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that was on my last car...02 neon...those things are hard on plugs...the miles i put on a care with that one id check the gap on one oil change then the next oil change id replace them...i used ngk v-power plugs so they was cheep to replace......i havent done that on this balt thats y i figured id ask u guys before i did it to see if i should.....seems my gas milage is goin down on the highway 29-30 mpg...it was better a month or 2 ago...and was thinkin maybe it was the plugs...im goina try some injector cleaner....whats good to use in these cars...ive used lucas...ive heard seafoam was good too???

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
***Note***

i live here in my spare time, lol

Go with seafoam if you are not sure of injector cleaner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.