Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, seeing as how today was such a nice day here in South Carolina, I decided to go ahead and tear out my dash to be painted. It wasn't nearly as hard as I had thought it would be. Took me about 45 minutes. Since there were no how-to's or DIY's on any of the sites I looked on, I decided to do one myself and will get it posted up later after work. But for now, here are some pics of the painted and installed dash. Let me know what you guys think.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Very nice how much of a glare are you gona get off of that when the sun beats on it tho

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It wasn't that hard to take out. Only took about 45 minutes or so. ANd as far as the glare, it's not as bad as I thought it would be. But I did cut a piece of black fabric to cover the dash with for normal driving. Just wanted to have it painted for the car shows

·
Registered
97 Posts
did you ever get that DIY up .. i looked and cant find it. i got my whole dash out but cant figure out the part aroudn the airbag.. help?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I plan on getting the how to up tonite, but as for the airbag, you need to drop down your glove box, look in that opening and you will see a small pull down flap type thing. Pull this down and you will see two 10mm bolts. These are the bolts holding the airbag in. Be sure and disconnect your battery and pull the airbag fuse before doing anything around the airbag tho.

·
Registered
97 Posts
alright thanks... btw. is your spoiler custom made at a body shop or did you buy it somewhere cause that is sick.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Do u get any glare from the paint on the gauge overlay

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nope, no glare from the paint around the gauges. The only glare I get is a little bit from the silver up by the windshield, but it's not that bad. No problems while driving from it.

As for the spoiler, no it's the RK Sport spoiler. You can get it from most places that sell body kits and what not for the cobalt.

·
Registered
97 Posts
plur.. when you were takin out your dash and unhooking your battery for the airbag and all that... did you ever have problems with your stereo? i think i messed something up with my aftermarket HU and now it seems its not getting enough power to turn on.. any advice would help. thanks

·
Registered
97 Posts
i think its got somethin to do with my anti-theft on the stereo. it thinks its stolen so its not turning on.. idk im tryin to find my owners manual to get the codes.. hopefully.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.