Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHY.... please someone tell me WHY there are people driving around in cars (that have 5' fins/etc) that have Pokeman teddy bears dangling from their rear bumper? WTH is that about????? I was on I-5 in Washington today and noticed TWO ugly a$$ Honda civics driving around with fuzzy little cartoon characters hanging from their tow bar. Is this like a "fuzzy Pokeman gang" or am I missing something? (please note: I'm just curious and would LOVE to have an answer from someone that has a "fuzzy buddy" hanging from their bumper that is full of dirt, mud, road grime, tar, bugs, etc and has a reason why its there.)

·
Registered
344 Posts
ya, i see it too...i think its cause they know their car is no more then a toy ;)

it also gives you a fun target to shoot for :lol:
think of it like the carnival, you take out that honda you get the prize, take out 5 you get a bigger one, so on and so forth till you win a new car :D

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i didnt say that car...I said A car ;)
"whew" I was scared there. Dont want a "4 foot spoiler-plastic stick on flames-$50 exhaust- 5" drop on 18" hub cap spinner wheels with a custom "bobble head" on the dash" as my new car....
I still want to know the answer to the OP though.. I have that "FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WHY!?!!?" in my head...

·
Registered
344 Posts
"whew" I was scared there. Dont want a "4 foot spoiler-plastic stick on flames-$50 exhaust- 5" drop on 18" hub cap spinner wheels with a custom "bobble head" on the dash" as my new car....
I still want to know the answer to the OP though.. I have that "FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WHY!?!!?" in my head...
ya...that happens alot around here with cars :lol:

·
Registered
496 Posts
you guys should totally gets pics of this stuff. i never get anything like that in Arizona, it sounds crazy funny

·
Registered
802 Posts
ok let me clarify this for you guys... that's a "jdm" trend.. wen i lived in japan really good friends would give you a charm i.e. a doll of som sort or a character form in plush and it was a sign of good luck to hang it from the rear bumper for the racer's and drifters.. just like wen i was in japan you never hung good luck charms in your car unless given too you...

i am a very superstitous driver and REFUSE to put ne thing in my car that doesnt mean something... and once something is in my car that mean's the slightest bit of nething it will never leave my car... i have monster energy drink price tag's that will never leave the headliner of my car for these reasons.

·
Registered
802 Posts
sorry guys i'm drunk one more thing... the one's your seeing are jdm fan boys most likely as well... so basically be sure some one is'nt from japan before you knock on them cuz i do find things like this offensive... but if there not please by all mean's have fun and knock the sock's off of ricers :)

·
Registered
496 Posts
ok let me clarify this for you guys... that's a "jdm" trend.. wen i lived in japan really good friends would give you a charm i.e. a doll of som sort or a character form in plush and it was a sign of good luck to hang it from the rear bumper for the racer's and drifters.. just like wen i was in japan you never hung good luck charms in your car unless given too you...

i am a very superstitous driver and REFUSE to put ne thing in my car that doesnt mean something... and once something is in my car that mean's the slightest bit of nething it will never leave my car... i have monster energy drink price tag's that will never leave the headliner of my car for these reasons.
thats good to know, guess i wont judge so quickly now, thx

·
Registered
496 Posts
kool... i dont expect people to really i guess respect this guideline or what not but just to let people know that to some of us there is a reason behind something that are done that may seem out of place
ya it definitely seemed out of place an odd, but as long as there's a legit reason, i can completely respect it

·
Registered
802 Posts
yah thats kool your honestl yprobably one of the few that could do that... cuz i mean people look at the shit hangin from my car and there like seriously how do you drive with that and i explain it to them and there like well damn i dint mean to be an ******* or offend you

·
Registered
496 Posts
yah thats kool your honestl yprobably one of the few that could do that... cuz i mean people look at the shit hangin from my car and there like seriously how do you drive with that and i explain it to them and there like well damn i dint mean to be an ******* or offend you
ya i know what youre saying. everyone is so quick to avoid conflict. hell, my friends arent though. im always getting shit for the small things that ive done to my car. and i tell them is cause I want to and i dont care what they think

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That makes sense and I would understand if the cars (around here) were "race-able" but the ones I see are REALLY ugly/duct tape POS that I would be scared to be at a racetrack with.
And I never disrespect people (not saying that you think I do - dont get me wrong) Just when you start seeing something that has meaning turning into a trend, its REALLY frustrating.
But question to you 07; when you received the luck charm, did you always keep it on your car, or only when racing/drifting? Being in Seattle, you know how nasty the weather gets around here and after a while those dolls look like they are "dingleberries" from a hairy dog. :sick:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.