Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 LS Coupe, bought it new in October.

It has the "black tie" radio with the auxiliary input. Anyways, the FM reception is pretty bad. Already the dealer has taken the radio out to make sure the connectors were snug, and when that didn't help they replaced the head unit. Neither of these have improved reception any.

Any suggestions on an aftermarket antenna that might improve reception? Most of the antenna posts around here are about improving appearance

Also, How does one test the antenna or the antenna wire?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
my suggestion, and you may not like it, run a new antenna. My balt was fine for reception, still is with the stubby antenna on it, but my uncle's LS had crappy reception. he replaced the antenna with a window mounted one, and hasnt had an issue since

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
or you could get xm and not have to worry about having a high antenna or any static or commercials
OR, if you are smart, and got XM with your ride, like i did, from the factory, keep paying it.......

·
Registered
8 Posts
those channels that have commercials piss me off but the ones i listen to don't have commercials. the sports channels do also. the only channels i know that have commercials are in the twenties (20-27) i think and the sports.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my suggestion, and you may not like it, run a new antenna. My balt was fine for reception, still is with the stubby antenna on it, but my uncle's LS had crappy reception. he replaced the antenna with a window mounted one, and hasnt had an issue since
So he got a window mounted antenna and ran a wire from the new antenna back to the head unit? What trim pieces, carpet, etc did he run the wire under?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
So he got a window mounted antenna and ran a wire from the new antenna back to the head unit? What trim pieces, carpet, etc did he run the wire under?
he mounted it close enough to the door, that he ran it inside the door, under the side trim, where the belt is, then under the sill trim.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.