Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2009 pre-owned cobalt coupe lt and noticed today that there's a weird popping feeling in the gas pedal when accelerating from a complete stop. There are no strange sounds coming from the car and this only happens after the car has been sitting for a few hours. The car only has 46,000 miles on it, I also ran a vehicle diagnostics test through the onstar system and everything came up as being ok in the car. Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be or have had similar problems like this before?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Can you explain what you mean by popping, do you mean you get a little kick feel at the pedal or you actually hear a popping sound?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess a light kicking feeling in the pedal would be a better explanation, but there is no noise when this happens.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
I would check the insulation material at the firewall, it might be catching or even your carpet. If not check pedal movement at the lever point under the dash to see if it might need a bit of grease at the lever point.

·
Chevy Customer Service
794 Posts
Hey tdan,

We're happy to hear about your Chevy Cobalt purchase and we understand your concerns with the popping noise in the gas pedal. We see that you're getting some valuable feedback from other members as well! If this continues, you can also make your selling dealership aware of this concern and have them take a look at it. Let us know how everything goes.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.