Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have yet to know about the world of port and polishing...i wanna know if it would be something i want for my car. please take the time to spread your knowledge to me on this topic.

anything you guys know counts

id like to know what it is exactly?
what are the gains?
what components in the motor can be port and polished?
where can i get it done?
and how much?

thank you guys... i hope this thread teaches others too...let the learning begin :bigsmile:

·
Banned
7,805 Posts
i have yet to know about the world of port and polishing...i wanna know if it would be something i want for my car. please take the time to spread your knowledge to me on this topic.

anything you guys know counts

id like to know what it is exactly?
what are the gains?
what components in the motor can be port and polished?
where can i get it done?
and how much?

thank you guys... i hope this thread teaches others too...let the learning begin :bigsmile:
port and polish the head throttle body intake manifold, like I said in PM's ask cobalttom, he probably has one of the highest NA powered balts out there

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
port and polish the head throttle body intake manifold, like I said in PM's ask cobalttom, he probably has one of the highest NA powered balts out there
i do not doubt in what you say at all my friend...i just like to learn about stuff before i do it to my baby

·
Registered
575 Posts
I wouldn't port and polish a head onthese cars unless I was boosting the car. You can port it stock tb I just don't the worth in it to make power NA when it will b easier/cheaper/more fun to boost it.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
To be quite blunt, a port and polish is not very effective in the Cobalt, especially the L61.

A port and polish job usually yields better gains on higher displacement engines that have more cylinders than we do.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Money better spent on boost.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.