Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I work at slowboy racing inc. formally of indiana PA. Now in Sanford FL baby!!!! i do port work on cylinder heads, manifolds, turbos, etc.. for them.

so i am offering my porting services on the side to anyone considering getting some port work done

On the side we offer these services:
- Porting Throttle Bodies
Prices are $95 + Shipping for just port work, and $125 + Shipping for port work and milling the throttle shaft and shortened throttle blade screws

- Cleaning up the plastic intake manifolds
prices for this are $ 50 + shipping ( we dont actually port it because its plastic but we smooth it up and remove all excess plastic hangin inside it

At the shop we can offer these porting services:
- Porting exhaust manifolds $75
- Porting cylinder heads
Stage 1 $250 (just the bowls get ported)
Stage 2 $350 (the bowls get ported plus the runners get polished)
Stage 3 $450 (full out port and polish)
- Porting of superchargers $200
- Porting of S/C and LSJ intake mani combo $275
- Porting of LSJ intake manifolds $125
- Porting of turbos $90

-----------------------------------------
And for the serious motor heads we can do the following at the shop:
- Complete high performance engine builds (with or without cylinder head work) *price to be determined after talking to sales guy*
- High performance cylinder heads ( wether you just want a port & polish with no head internals or cams, or you want a full race head including it all) * final price to be determined after talking to sales guy*
- We can order pretty much any part ( internals and possibly some bolt ons but we dont carry them in stock right now)
*price to be determined upon talking with sales guy*
- We do installs

Cylinder Head Work:
- Clean and glass bead head $
- Competition valve job $
- Competition valve job 1mm over $
- Head Surfacing $
- Install Valve Guides $

Block Work:
- Clean/Disassemble $
- Bore & Hone $
- Surfacing $

Misc Work:
- Balance Rotating Assembly $

Slowboy Racing

thanks

·
Banned
384 Posts
hey i already talked to you about this!

Cant wait!

·
Banned
384 Posts
hey man how much did you say it was to port my tb?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Ahhh ... Slowboy Racing has some nice stuff... My friend got his Intake Manifold for his TSI from you guys

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
TB's are roughly $110 shipped. now this also may vary due to further away locations. we will soon have a few cores for each model so people dont have to be without there car for a few days

cant really throw out estimates for cylinder port since most castings will vary but thats usually between $300 and $400

and thanks chester

·
Registered
18 Posts
do u no where i can get a ne metal intake bc i have a 2.4 and i no that the intakes for them are plastic and i want a metal can u help?

·
Banned
384 Posts
lol you can buy a new intake. check out turbotechracing.com

/thread jack

·
Registered
18 Posts
yes i ment the manifold sry. no i have yet to see one with out a turbo conected to it, i just want a manifold that if i want to at spray to it i no could hold up better then the plastic one. can u make one? ot does anybody no who can make one? cost isnt a issue.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
do u no where i can get a ne metal intake bc i have a 2.4 and i no that the intakes for them are plastic and i want a metal can u help?
There once was a metal intake available for the Cavalier ECOTec 2.2 -- I can't remember the name of the company -- I tried to acquire one in '06. They stopped making them because they didn't sell well and it was rumored that they had a problem -- and cost over $1100.00 each!!!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
hey there...im a local boy, im from connellsville, work in irwin...what would the cost for a tb done since i wouldnt have to worrie bout shippin??? that would be a start for now...i do want to get another intake, cat back(ill get that coustom done here in town)...not sure what else id like to do to this balt i just got it a month ago its a 06 with a 2.2 so i gotta wait till the waranty is done...with the miles i drive maybe a month. i wouldnt mind if u have any sugjestions for makeing this car more eco friendly but gaining hp and torque...let me know...thanks

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hey chaos, the $10 usually covers shipping to most areas, so your still looking at $100 for the port work and polishing.

if your looking to still get decent MPG's out of your car then i dont know how much further you would want to go after a TB port & polish, intake, better flowing exhaust system, and a canned tune from trifecta (which is resulting in 20hp/20 lbs tq among average poeple who have purchased it) and should add anywhere from 2-5 mpg's

if you wanted more hp/tq after that theres always a 2.4 maniflod swap, lightweight crank pulley, header or extrude honed exhaust manifold, cylinder head work etc... just depends on what you want and how far you want to go with your car

·
Registered
38 Posts
canned tune from trifecta ...how can i find info on that???is there anybody around us that can flash a pcm that actually knows what they are doing???? and have u gotten any cores of the tb...down time for me is next to impossiable

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
The only metal manifolds are not "install-and-drive-off" installations. There are the ones that look like the GM performance manifold with a small plenum and short runners -- the TB is mounted on the driver side (go to crateenginedepot.com, click on Cobalt/G5, and search the engine parts for intake manifolds). Another possibility is the SAAB 2.0 turbo manifold (~03 not the new 08-09 SS/TC) -- it is aluminum and will fit the 2.4 but you will need to do some fabricating, also you need to modify the intake gasket as seen in the GM ecotech engine build book. The only other metal manifold WAS made by Venom Performance but has been discontinued -- it looked like a larger version of the plastic intake -- MAYBE you could find one on e-bay but there aren't many out there as they sold a few years ago for more than $1,000!

Made for the ecotech but will take some serious fabricating to make it work:
http://www.crateenginedepot.com/store/Ecotec-Fabricated-Aluminum-Intake-Manifold-88958629-P334C137.aspx

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
canned tune from trifecta ...how can i find info on that???is there anybody around us that can flash a pcm that actually knows what they are doing???? and have u gotten any cores of the tb...down time for me is next to impossiable
you can find info on it from guys who have purchased it on cobaltss.net, or from trifectaperformance.com, or http://www.clearimageautomotive.com/Products/Engine/Trifecta.htm

there isnt anyone local to us that can perform this for a 2.2 as they are only supported by this canned tune.

and we havent been able to get any cores for the TBs yet. i can try and find one within a week if your really interested or i could always use the one off my car since its not moving at this very second (getting some custom exterior work done and a $3000 two toned paint job). but providing a core will require a core deposit that will be returned to you upon recieving your TB in exchange for ours. core charge is $80. turn around time is roughly 3 to 4 days

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.