Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 06 LT without the foglight inserts. I was thinking about placing LED strips where grilles are on the lower outside of the front bumpers instead of buying the fog inserts, bulbs and then making a wiring harness. figured it would be a lot cheaper. opinions or has anyone done this?!

·
Registered
149 Posts
It would probably look a little rice IMO. Led strips aren't good for a lot, accent lighting: sure, DRLs: no.

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Are you talking about the led strips or those little fog light led things they sell?

2005 cobalt base model coupe

·
Registered
149 Posts
Strips.

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Yeah strips may look rice. I thought he was talking about the led fog things. Strips wouldn't be bright enough.

2005 cobalt base model coupe

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
It's kinda ricer, but a lot of cars on this site are. It won't provide a whole lot of light, but if you think that you will enjoy it, do it up!
Oh c'mon be nice :suspicious: lol but I've seen it done and it looks, fine, but its not something I'd personally bother with its not bright enough to function as DRL's or night lamps for visibility sake

·
Registered
149 Posts
I think those would do well in that spot as DRLs. How reliable they are is another question though. I also don't believe that they are bright enough to actually be used as fogs. They may light up about 10ft, probably less. Not to mention there will be no cut off, which is essential for actual fog light function.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Coming from a town full of 1990's civics, Rice is the last look I want to go for haha. On another note, has anyone installed fogs?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.