Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I think my kids Cobalt has a exhaust leak the way he is describing it, my question is do some of these 2.2L have a integrated exhaust manifold & cat converter? Wondering if mine does. Its 150 miles away so I cant check it personally. Its a 2007 LT engine VIN letter F. RPO L61. Exhaust is RPO FE9 (Fed) & NT7 (Fed Tier 2).
Any ideas which ones had integrated exhaust (if any?).

Thanks

·
Registered
949 Posts
The exhaust manifold is separate from the downpipe, which has the cats. The flex pipe is part of the downpipe, so if the flex pipe has developed a leak (which is the most common exhaust leak), replacing with another downpipe should fix the leak. If that is the problem, and it's an Auto transmission, I've got an extra stock downpipe with cats laying around that I'd be willing to sell pretty cheap. If you're interested, PM me.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
You can also buy a flex pipe that comes with the flange to bolt to the manifold.

·
Registered
87 Posts
As stated by the others, the exhaust manifold is a separate piece from the downpipe with integrated cat converter. If it is the flex pipe a muffler shop should be able to weld in a new one no problem. Technically it is a wear item. Cheers!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.