Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

This is my first post here as I was previously on OCC because I was referred to there from .net

I now have a question. I have Gen 1 lights and am wanting to replace the angle eye rings to CCFL. I have ordered everything and just waiting for the final 2 lights to come in. I have realized now that I didn't order the correct bulbs. The are too thing and don't look the same.

Has anyone ever done this and been able to use them? I'm thinking if I take the back off the ring that I can just use these thinner ones inside the old housing.

I know this sounds like a butcher of a job, just curious if it can be, or has been done.:weird:

Thanks

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, to specify my issue as I just learned. The bulbs are the correct size, but do not have a cover. I'm assuming this will be an issue for the overall look, however, are the covers able to be opened?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Pictures might help since there are so many manufacturers of these .

·
Registered
56 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the 90mm and 100mm bulbs, the size of the actual bulb isn't the issue. I just learned though that some of these come with the covers and some don't. So mine is about 1/2 the thickness as what's actually in the headlight.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So, turns out that the ring that's in the headlight is sealed, but has a flat backing to it. I saw this and figured I would be able to make everything work. Then, as I was playing with fitment, I broke the angle eye bulb I want to put in so...fml.

Resealed and back on the car. Good waste of time

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.