Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering what kind of thing others were doing with the brake calibers...

Here's mine

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I was just wondering what kind of thing others were doing with the brake calibers...

Here's mine

looks good, but i see theres something wrong...oh yeah its that Steelers "SS" logo:toung: jk jk. i was wondering where you get the paint for the calipers?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
looks good, but i see theres something wrong...oh yeah its that Steelers "SS" logo:toung: jk jk. i was wondering where you get the paint for the calipers?
I got it from auto zone. You can get spray or if you prefer a brush kit

·
Registered
498 Posts
Here's mine. Just did it Monday. I only did the front - I have drums in the back.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
use to have my calipers red so i opted to go with black this time. i think it looks better

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
use to have my calipers red so i opted to go with black this time. i think it looks better
Oh how I love Konig rims... esp the hotswaps! haha

Here r my...

Drums:

Calipers: (bad cell phone pic when car was dirty)

That's the same color that's on my interior trim...
And here they are w/ the whole car

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yes sir...lol Caliper paint goes up to 900 degrees. They got a bunch of colors at most auto stores. The brush takes longer to dry though. The spray dries quicker but goes everywhere...lol

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
yes sir...lol Caliper paint goes up to 900 degrees. They got a bunch of colors at most auto stores. The brush takes longer to dry though. The spray dries quicker but goes everywhere...lol
I figured as much. Darn, once my back gets healed up from surgery, I'll have to redo mine because they are chipping.

How about clear coat? Do i need to put that on?
The paint on my drums is peeling.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I figured as much. Darn, once my back gets healed up from surgery, I'll have to redo mine because they are chipping.

How about clear coat? Do i need to put that on?
The paint on my drums is peeling.
I didn't use any clear coat because as far as I know there isn't any high heat clear coat. The caliper paint is good enough. It goes on and seams real thing then as it dries it thickens up.

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
I didn't use any clear coat because as far as I know there isn't any high heat clear coat. The caliper paint is good enough. It goes on and seams real thing then as it dries it thickens up.
What kind of prepping do I need to do to make it stick better?
Primer? if so, what kind?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You really don't need primer in this case, but if you want you can use primer it just has to be the 1500 degree kind and its sandable. Or you can just get the caliper cleaner(comes with brush paint kit) sold seperate with spray. Spray the calipers with the cleaner and use a scrub pad or something abrasive to clean and rough up the calipers. Then wipe them down, let them dry, and you can apply the paint from that point.

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
You really don't need primer in this case, but if you want you can use primer it just has to be the 1500 degree kind and its sandable. Or you can just get the caliper cleaner(comes with brush paint kit) sold seperate with spray. Spray the calipers with the cleaner and use a scrub pad or something abrasive to clean and rough up the calipers. Then wipe them down, let them dry, and you can apply the paint from that point.
Big help blackngold20.
What did I do wrong last time?

I sanded them down, clean off the debris from the sanding, and sprayed like 3 coats on. I guess it was the 500 degree engine paint that didnt work huh?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
They look great all! I have to get around to doing this. I have a lot of little cheap mods I need to to while I pay for my other stuff lol

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.