Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

41 - 60 of 209 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
^^i like how you did your turn signal area!
i like it too, its just a pita to get it to look clean, other wise the paint will go through the tape in that area

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
loving these pics! Mine look exactly like Garrett's but with 6k hids lol. I'll get pics when it's not below 0 outside lol

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
Does anyone have factory housings painted Victory Red to match the car.
I'm thinking of getting another set pair of lights and making them VR to match the car like the vets.
That's the whole reason I did my gen 4's VR was for the vette idea.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Does anyone have factory housings painted Victory Red to match the car.
I'm thinking of getting another set pair of lights and making them VR to match the car like the vets.
That's the whole reason I did my gen 4's VR was for the vette idea.
arent your closer to the vette idea than regular stock housing

just bought some 1$ spray cans in diff colors for shiggles
gonna play around with my 2nd set of lights for awhile

·
Registered
142 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
The brightest blue will usually be 8000k, and the deepest blue is 12000k. 8000k will also have more light output and visibility than 12000k. You can buy HID kits from buyhids.com, they come with ballasts and bulbs, everything you need to set up your lights, and you can upgrade to slim ballasts which are smaller, and a relay harness. Check the listing if you do buy those projectors because you need to make sure you buy the right size bulb. And FYI in case you didnt know, those depos dont have halos, just making sure you noticed that

---------- Post added at 09:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 AM ----------

2nd Generation CCFL projectors

CCFL halo on during the day

CCFL halo on at sunset

Black painted stocker with 8000k HID

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
long story short.. im gettin rid of my retros now and getting gen1's.. retros are currently are for sale once gen1's are in my possession.. pssstt (cheap price for retros in near future)
Why you would get rid of your retros ??? something wrong with them or you dont like the look anymore ? I had Gen 1 on my old cobalt and I realy dont like how did they look after 6 weeks so i swithed back to stock ! Now Im selling them.

41 - 60 of 209 Posts