Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been smokin for 8 years or so a pack a day. When I drink I smoke twice as much. Well I got divorced from my ex wife(crazy lady) and got back with my middle school/ high school sweetheart whom does not smoke.
She has a 5 year old and I did not want to be a bad influence on him so I decided I would also quit. I did not want to spend a butt load of $$ on meds for the habit so I decided to try somthin new.

I went to the store and bought the nastiest cigs out there and tried that... No good. It made me smoke even more cause they did not have enough nicotine in them I guess. So after a couple months I tried again

This time the new camel snuss just came out. Its like dip only it comes in a pouch that you stick in the top of your mouth between your upper lip and gum. You dont have to spit it.You can swallow the juices :). (No pun intended). So I boght 3 cans of it. As soon as I started using it I put down the cigs. I used two of the cans and maybe 3 out of another can all within a month and a half and decided to try to completly stop and it worked. I dont have any cravings and I feel much better. I can taste food a lot better and I dont smell like cigs and my wife is a lot more loving if you know what I mean...

So if you have any other methods to add to the thread than post em cause I am sure there are peeps on YC that smoke tha twould love to quit. Trust me I know how hard it is and there is no better feeling in the world than saying that I dont smoke anymore.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I don't plan on ever quitting, but a couple of the guys in the Army are doing pretty good using the patch right now. I just don't consider it "quitting" if you move from one habit to the next (Smoking to dipping).

·
Registered
344 Posts
I don't plan on ever quitting, but a couple of the guys in the Army are doing pretty good using the patch right now. I just don't consider it "quitting" if you move from one habit to the next (Smoking to dipping).
y would you intentionally kill yourself like that...

·
Registered
485 Posts
y would you intentionally kill yourself like that...
There's alot of other things out in the world that can kill me alot quicker. I could quit smoking today, walk outside and get hit by a car. It also calms me down and makes me feel good. I'm still in pretty good shape and can pass an Army PT test, so I don't really see any problems.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
just never started, ive never even tried a cigarette. Ive got an addictive personality and i think ill be addicted if i do try it. Plus 1 grandfather died from it, and all 7 of my moms sisters are al,l addicted sooo..... yeah. it runs in my family. just better to not try one.

·
Registered
62 Posts
smokin bad habit to start. n even harder to quit..
im not an addict just an occasional smoker maybe once or twice a month but i do notice when i do it people can tell from the smell n i dont like that lol..

plus yellow teeth<<< major turn off for the chicks yo ha

·
Registered
344 Posts
There's alot of other things out in the world that can kill me alot quicker. I could quit smoking today, walk outside and get hit by a car. It also calms me down and makes me feel good. I'm still in pretty good shape and can pass an Army PT test, so I don't really see any problems.
you keep telling yourself that ;)

i guess we will just chock you up to population control :rofl:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.