Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 378 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im getting the rest of my system installed tomororw *finally. geez i've had audio equipment sitting in my bedroom stacked up for about 5 months now* and thought it'd be cool to see what everybody is rockin the town with. i dont have any pics yet, but i'll update them when i get all my install done tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

just what i got sitting till tomorrow morning

·
Registered
114 Posts
heres my setup finally got my 2 10's installed. i have 2 6x9's that i want to install and amp, but i'm not really sure where to put em.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

got rid of the old cargo mat and made some outta MDF

lol, my cap had its own label but it got ripped off...so i slapped a JBL sticker on there.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
come on guys i really wanna see what ya got! bump

·
Registered
720 Posts
My Cobalt is going stealth....

I installed an MTX X Thunderlink...it's only about 100 watts, but works just fine with the stock speakers and stock MP3/XM head unit I got from ebay. The only thing I might upgrade to down the road is a double DIN in-dash DVD and Boston Acoustic speakers. Probably with the MTX X Thunderlink and no amp for the speakers.

In my other car (no longer drive it, but still have it...99 Saturn SC1) I had an Alpine head unit (upgraded to a better HU by Kenwood), had Rockford Fosgate speakers in the front being run by a Kenwood 2-channel amp. No rear speakers most of the time. Alpine MRD-M500 mono amp powering a JL Audio 12W6v2 in a sealed enclosure. That system could be heard from a ways away. Not the loudest or the best, but very decent at the time I had it. This was a few years ago. I kind of got out of car audio (since having a kid and other priorities that go along with marriage and home ownership).

I've had so many different setups over the past 8 years. I won't go into detail. Still have a JL 10W6v2 and my Alpine amp so if the bug bites me, I'll get that put into the Cobalt (just have to have the sub fixed...bought it on ebay...guess what...it was blown).

Someday I'll get back into it, but not in a daily driver (grocery getter/kid hauler). I'll save that for when I get my sports car (Sky Redline, new Camaro (probably a V6), or 2004 GTO in Cosmos Purple). My goal is to have a sports car with 400whp and show quality. I'd like to have it by 30, but that won't happen...I'm just over 4 years away. My Cobalt won't be paid off till I'm 29 at the rate I'm going.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol, do tell what it will be at least? :D

·
Registered
618 Posts
mmmm lol its gonna be a surprise!!!! but I will hint that its gonna be sweet!!! and LOUD!!! dont worry when the time comes you all will be amazed!!! hahahahahahaha!

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol, alright. i'd really like to get a sticky on this thread. how do i go about doin that? cuz i wanna see what everybody has

·
Registered
114 Posts
lol i know how that goes. i traded my psp off for a single 12 in a box, and then i traded that 12 off for 2 10's no box and a small amp, traded some extra wiring i had for a box for the 10s and i think i paid like 50 bucks for my rockford amp. lol
so all in all ive got 50 dollars and time invested lol

·
Registered
75 Posts
Got the Bazooka Party Pack with 2 10" subs, Pioneer 6x9's in back, Pioneer 5 1/4" up front with a Sony GT430IP head unit.
Adding tweeters soon.

·
Registered
319 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
They are pretty good I like them and they are pretty good at bumpin!

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i was wondering what kind of dang speakers those were, and i like the 6x9s in the sub box, first time i've ever seen that. wouldnt that kind of screw up the sound to ur subs tho seeing as how all that air would kind of flex them up and down out of the box?

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
maybe im old:laugh: (dont get me wrong, i like some bump)
but systems seem like an invite to break windows :bigsmile:
replacing stock seems good enough to me.(good sound) if i ever finish elsewhere.
plus my cobalt rattles enough :laugh:

would love to hear all your systems though! my blown stockers sound like shit.....LOL!

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hahaha, scag those speakers in my 'balt got plugged into a wall outlet when i got rid of them. i personally find my system to be ridiculous in its own but i still love it. im sure i'll grow out of it when im outta my teens/20's. but for now...its time to get deaf. i'd DEF replace all the stock speakers even if i didnt want the sub setup.

1 - 20 of 378 Posts