Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Β·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a little thread for everyone to show off their cars, because, ngl, would be great to see what everyone has done!

I'll start off with my car.

Car Vehicle Grille Hood Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Sky

Wheel Sky Cloud Tire Car

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Grille Wheel

Β·
Registered
12 Posts
O.K....I'll play!

I started off with this. It's my "new-to-me" daily = Fusion Orange '07 "5" GT. My old daily is in the background (which was a G6 GT vert, w/ GXP hood, bumpers and BMagic side skirts). The "5" is basically stock (at this point) with a GMPP CAI.

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

I wound up taking the 18's off the G6 and swapping them onto the G5. They are the same bolt pattern. Later in the post, you'll see why I did this. My first real mod was to swap out the G5 GT rear bumper lip w/a Cobalt SS lip. I cannot leave ANYTHING alone, so I had to modify the grilles.

Grille Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Automotive lighting Car

I then installed new headlights and began making a one piece spoiler for it. The spoiler has been on the backburner because my 'free' time has been VERY scarce. This car wound up having a bad motor (previous owner ran it out of oil. There was 110K miles on the clock, but I managed to find a 65K mile 2.4 litre, which I swapped in. Unfortunately, the spoiler wont be done for a while :cry: .

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

Here are pics of the car with the G6 18's:

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Wheel Car Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

Most recent external mod are the brakes (painted 'Pontiac Blue Metallic' to match the motor):

Tire Wheel Car Automotive lighting Hood

Here's the engine all painted up and pretty:

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

Better pic of the Brembo's (i put the OEM spoiler back on) 😦

Wheel Automotive parking light Car Tire Vehicle

LASTLY:
Car Automotive parking light Photograph Vehicle Wheel

β˜€β˜€β˜€ Future mods will be:
  • finish the spoiler (pictured VERY HORRIBLY above - bottom left).
  • mod G5 grille to make them recessed (to look similar to the SAP GTO grilles).
  • mod tail lights
  • re-skin interior bits in CF
  • finish CF coil cover (pictured above bottom right - black thing on a piece of wood)
  • finish the automatic shift knob (pictured above 'bottom center')
  • make a CF hood
  • Install LE5 cams and have it tuned.

Reactions: ZRJO

Β·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
O.K....I'll play!

I started off with this. It's my "new-to-me" daily = Fusion Orange '07 "5" GT. My old daily is in the background (which was a G6 GT vert, w/ GXP hood, bumpers and BMagic side skirts). The "5" is basically stock (at this point) with a GMPP CAI.

View attachment 20107

I wound up taking the 18's off the G6 and swapping them onto the G5. They are the same bolt pattern. Later in the post, you'll see why I did this. My first real mod was to swap out the G5 GT rear bumper lip w/a Cobalt SS lip. I cannot leave ANYTHING alone, so I had to modify the grilles.

View attachment 20108

View attachment 20109

I then installed new headlights and began making a one piece spoiler for it. The spoiler has been on the backburner because my 'free' time has been VERY scarce. This car wound up having a bad motor (previous owner ran it out of oil. There were 110K miles on the clock and I managed to find a 65K mile 2.4, which I swapped in. Unfortunately, the spoiler wont be done for a while :cry: .

View attachment 20110

Here are pics of the car with the G6 18's:

View attachment 20111

View attachment 20112

Most recent external mod are the brakes (painted 'Pontiac Blue Metallic' to match the motor):

View attachment 20113

Here's the engine all painted up and pretty:

View attachment 20115

Better pic of the Brembo's (i put the OEM spoiler back on) 😦

View attachment 20114

LASTLY:
View attachment 20116

β˜€β˜€β˜€ Future mods will be:
  • finish the spoiler (pictured VERY HORRIBLY above - bottom left).
  • mod G5 grille to make them recessed (to look similar to the SAP GTO grilles).
  • mod tail lights
  • re-skin interior bits in CF
  • finish CF coil cover (pictured above bottom right - black thing on a piece of wood)
  • finish the automatic shift knob (pictured above 'bottom center')
  • make a CF hood
Dude, I absolutely love it! And it's pretty dope it's the same color as my car lol. Also love the G6 too, it looks super clean 😎

Β·
Say What again!
6,397 Posts
Has basically looked this way ever since I got the wheels back in April of 2014.

Wheel Sky Tire Vehicle Cloud

Tire Cloud Sky Wheel Automotive tail & brake light

Reactions: Doc-Z and ZRJO
1 - 5 of 5 Posts