1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
awesome man

where did you get the seat cover kit
thats exactly what i want because i bought a pair from pepboys and put them on and they were super loose and baggy and didn't look good
but yours came out perfect and they look factory seats
did you get them off ebay
if so can you send me the link

also where did u get the g6 style e brake

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
whats that?... never heard of it

i heard of some people cutting the current ebrake and retrofitting everything and all that

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah mine are custom fit.

Custom Fit Seat Covers - 05-08 Cobalt - PFYC

The e-brake is the same as any cobalt/g5 I just bought a handle from MOMOUSA.com. If you get it, you have to take the ugly plastic off, then your left with this thin plastic handle on the e-brake what you do is slide on the handle you'll see it don't go all the way down due to a lip on the plastic so what you do is dreamal that off and the handle should fit. Secure with the supplied screws, get a boot, and viola! It's the best retrofit you can do with the least modifying of the e-brake handle it self.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
gotcha

yeah i saw them before and kinda thought they were
they look awesome
but kinda expensive

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'd say it's worth it if you don't want cheap looking seats but don't wanna pay $1000 for new seats.

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
how much and where did u get the boot for the ebrake at
Actually I wanna replace my E-brake boot to a basic black. Maybe even black with blue stitching. The price of the custom fit seats is on the link I posted a few posts ago. I got the boot on ebay by lightningautocustoms

Here is a how to when I did mine.
That way is way more complicated. But I guess it depends on the handle you get.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
the custom seats are like 458 something
which is alotttttttttttttttttt

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got them for my bday But IMO it's better than spending like $1000 for whole new seats like I said.

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts

A few side notes: I removed and retucked the shift boot so that there is no more vecro part showing, the thing looks stick and clean, that is what people tell me a lot. Not trying to be poserish wishing I had a car that was stick or act like I know how. Thing is I have a car that is stick and I know how to drive her. I am upgrading to a 07 2.4 5 speed this summer.

·
Registered
92 Posts
ppl check out everythingcobalt.com they have shift boots and what not...mainly momo brand so they can get kinda pricey....

look good ppl..will post up next week...gonna do a lil work on the trim too...

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
PM sent! If anyone else needs info let me know.

1 - 20 of 1018 Posts