Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had the car for just under 2 months and already took out a tire. I hit a pothole Friday night. Hard hit but didn't think much of it. Then I took a look at the tire yesterday. Bubble in the sidewall. Sigh... Those 17" wheels don't leave much of a cushion!

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
That means you broke some belts, don't trust it if it is in the front. Last spring I was cut off by some guy needing to go to liquor store and I braked hard and avoided him but had to climb onto curb and sidewalk. Same thing I ruined the sidewall of one of my HydroEdge Michelins. Lucky for me the second hand tire store had one to match it and it only cost me 40$ installed.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup, right front tire. I guess luck is on my side cause I tested the car's handling abilities later that night with a nice long sweeping left hander at 65+ then, while on a deserted stretch of highway at midnight, found the top speed of 115. I'll be pricing a Pirelli P6 tire in the morning.

·
Registered
547 Posts
damn that sucks bro i hit one yesterday but i didnt see any damage to the rim i might have to check the tire then :S

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Your lucky this didn't happen to you

Big ass pothole on 75 in Ohio
Man that looks like an expensive pothole hit....It's not mine and it still hurts to see.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Man that looks like an expensive pothole hit....It's not mine and it still hurts to see.
Even more expensive when I found out they were discontinued. The Wheel Doctor put its shape back, welded it, machined it, and Powdercoated the Damaged one, and the other 3. I could have gotten another set for what I paid for 1 getting fixed, SUCKED

·
Registered
372 Posts
Yup, right front tire. I guess luck is on my side cause I tested the car's handling abilities later that night with a nice long sweeping left hander at 65+ then, while on a deserted stretch of highway at midnight, found the top speed of 115. I'll be pricing a Pirelli P6 tire in the morning.

If you need them, i have a pair of P6's sitting in my closet that have a bunch of tread left on them. PM me if you'd like them and we could work out something.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Do not drive with a buldge like that. Hit a curb a few years back and had a buldge. Already planned on taking a 80 mile drive north and when I got 2 miles away from my destination BOOM. Tire blew, thankfully just after we got off the highway.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's been 2 weeks so I've hit that hole. $ is tight with Christmas and ex-wife payments so I'm still riding on it. I check it every few days which probably won't matter.

RandyO: Sent you a message.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
At least I hope you moved it to the rear.

:notrust: Wives; expensive to keep and expensive to get rid of. Hookers on the other hand end up cheaper on the long run, and they don't call every hour to find out where you are. Or nag if you grab a cold one.

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

:sad2:My banker said I wasn't rich enough to keep her, my lawyer said I wasn't rich enough to divorce her and when I tried to talk about all this to my psychiatrist he committed suicide.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.