Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone powder coated their stock LT rims? I stopped by my local powder coating shop today and he quoted me $55 per rim. Is this high or is it reasonable? Anyways would love to see some pics if anyone has done this to a LT.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I'm tempted to. 55 is a great price if its got any kind of waranty. usually that cheap means it wont last

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He seemed pretty legit, didnt seem like he would screw me over. He has done mostly motorcycle stuff though.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
its not that he'd screw you over but some dont hold up as well as others. but for 220 bucks you cant really go wrong... usually its around 500 or more when Ive been looking

·
Registered
277 Posts
Ya I heard $50-60 bucks per rim. Its not that hard to do yourself if you know what youre doing and you have an oven big enough to put a rim in.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
really? guess in canada shops are way more

·
Registered
618 Posts
I did my last cars rims it turned out pretty good you just have to sand them a lot its labor intensive get em coated tho its much better and thats a good price thats what my buddy does and he quoted me the same price

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Have the rims on my Ram done Oct 07, and they are still looking good, cost me 250 for the set. Price all depends on the area and quality of the work. ooked the same as a buddies motorcyle frame that was done in Nashville by the guy who used to do Orange County Choppers powdercoating and cost $500 for about 1/10 of the metal

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.