Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I disconnected the controls on the doors so i could paint them.
I reconnected and on the passengers side, the Unclock/Lock button works BUT the lights under it don't work.
I popped them out and resnapped them back in, nothing.

Same with the driver's side, except its the Left/ Right button for the rear view mirror.

Why isn't there any light showing through them?

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
I disconnected the controls on the doors so i could paint them.
I reconnected and on the passengers side, the Unclock/Lock button works BUT the lights under it don't work.
I popped them out and resnapped them back in, nothing.

Same with the driver's side, except its the Left/ Right button for the rear view mirror.

Why isn't there any light showing through them?
The left/right mirror selector doesn't have a light under it.. On the passenger side I'm guessing you shorted one of the wires.. Play with them a bit to see if they come on.

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The left/right mirror selector doesn't have a light under it.. On the passenger side I'm guessing you shorted one of the wires.. Play with them a bit to see if they come on.
Ok, I didnt think the left/right mirror selector had a light under it.

Shorted a wire? Just from moving it and putting it back in?

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Well pulling it out of the latch may have caused it to come undone inside of the connector. Just play with the wires a bit and see if you can get them to flicker.

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well pulling it out of the latch may have caused it to come undone inside of the connector. Just play with the wires a bit and see if you can get them to flicker.
Ok, will do.

Do you know what color the "light" wire is?

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
bump

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.