Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, ive run into a bit of a problem, worst part about it is its intermittent. a couple weeks ago i was entering a round about, half way through my steering tightened up, as i looked down the gage cluster went out as did my radio, only for power to return 10 seconds later. a few days later AGAIN all 3 went out and again only for a couple seconds. there seems to be no rhyme or reason behind it, just whenever it seems to want to do it, and to be completely honest im yet to put the car up on jacks and check my connections for something stupid like a loose connection or short of some sort but i figured id throw this one out there to see if anyone had any similar experiences.

thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Definitely check your battery terminals and make sure they're good and tight. Also check your alternator and grounds. Try to reproduce it while idling and (carefully) do a wiggle test with wires in your charging system.

Sounds like something small. If that doesn't solve it I'll put on my thinking cap.

Oh, how I hate my thinking cap...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the battery was the first place i checked and all connections are SOLID, but now that i have a bit of down time later today i plan on taking a fine tooth comb through her see if theres anything i can find but thanx for thanx for the mention of the alternator, now thats the first place ill go when i get my hands on my car later!!!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
being that the cobalt has an electronic power steering system, from what i have heard its that the motor which drives it might be shorting out or failing. It is located under the dash and steering column

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.