Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having a similar issue with my 05... on my driver side, the lock button occasionally works but not the unlock and the mirror controls will only move up. And the windows work here and there. The passenger side seems to work when it wants... what could it be? I pulled up the door panel and checked all the wires and they fit snug. I don't have any tools to test voltage or what not. Is it the fuse dying, is it something cheap to take somewhere, is it something I a 24 yr old girl can figure out! Please help me

·
Super Moderator
11,820 Posts
Each car has a different attitude. A lot of these problems can be remedeed by removing, cleaning and adding dialectric grease to connectors "P1" & "P2" of the BCM. It is not a cure all but seems to be the root of a lot of intermitent lock and power window problems. But again yours might have actual switch problems. Worked on a Venture van last week, for which I had repaired his 2 remote keyless controls and he was still complaining they were intermittent. So I unplugged these 2 connectors, cleaned them and replugged them and all is working fine now.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.