Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is a decent power lock kit for my ls.
i want one with a remote and all that. idc about remote start i just want to be able to lock and un lock it from outside the car with possibly headlights and or tail lights blink for verification of the doors locked or unlocked.

what else is out there than auto lock
i found one a while ago which is a DEI but no one told me if it was any decent.

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
what is a decent power lock kit for my ls.
i want one with a remote and all that. idc about remote start i just want to be able to lock and un lock it from outside the car with possibly headlights and or tail lights blink for verification of the doors locked or unlocked.

what else is out there than auto lock
i found one a while ago which is a DEI but no one told me if it was any decent.
id spend my money elsewhere. pushing a button, or turning your wrist. not worth the cost to me.
just my two cents......

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i know its pointless mod but i wanna get them. idk if im going to get them soon. i have held up on it for a while. but i have one mod im working on in the process now

·
Registered
52 Posts
I dont even use my power locks

who really cares if you lock it or not, if somebody wants to take your car they will take it no matter what. Spend the money on something more useful...

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol. yeah i mean im not geting anything yet. im saving it for a mod that is in the works now but i just wanted to see what people with non power locks had

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
i paid a buck fifty for my kit and install with my audio guy i found the kit its not as expensive as the autoloc but he installed it and warrantied it and would replace it or fix any part of it if anything went wrong and he wired it up so i can open the trunk too with the keyless entry

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i paid a buck fifty for my kit and install with my audio guy i found the kit its not as expensive as the autoloc but he installed it and warrantied it and would replace it or fix any part of it if anything went wrong and he wired it up so i can open the trunk too with the keyless entry

pm me with the info dude

whats up? havent talked to u in while

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
hmmm interesting....the kit looks good, not too expensive but install must not be cheap either. Anyone got an idea of combined pricing of kit and install? Personally, Im gonna spend the money on a good alarm and heavy tints instead cuz i need it for my sound system.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I bought a set of sedan door locks on eBay and had my installer include the remote power locks when he installed the remote start. remote trunk release and the alarm system. Cost was like $60 for the eBay kit and $200 for install with his remote start and alarm. Unfortunately the PS actuator has gone out twice, once was the one that came with the eBay kit, and one was one I bought from the installer that was allegedly a better product. Seeing him next week to install #3. I think they all come from China or somewhere in Asia.

Note: You'll need to get another key to match the chipset if you are planning on doing a remote start. Not expensive, but necessary since the ignition wont recognize JUST the key, it also needs to recognize the chip in the key for the remote start.

Actually, considering I have an 07 LS, I have replaced the cloth seats with leather (got them for free), installed a multifunction steering wheel (ebay), replaced the steel rims/hubcaps with aluminum wheels (local), and just changed the head unit to a Clarion (Crutchfield) with GPS, DVD, Sirius, Bluetooth, and a few extra bennies..I also installed a Rockford Fosgate AMP and (for now) cheapo Pyle 12" subs (local). I wish I could find two front inside door panels so I could do the power windows and mirrors, and put tweeters where the manual mirror adjusters are.

My friends call it Frankencobalt !
John in Jersey

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.