Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
I have been having a weird problem with my 05 Cobalt Sedan that has been going on for probably a month or so. The power locks are going crazy!! Although it doesn't happen every day, it happens often enough that it gets on my nerves and I'd really like to find a solution. On some days, whether i'm driving or sitting still, the locks will go up and down repeatedly. Sometimes, the locks don't move, but instead I hear the "click click click" sound that it makes when you lock/unlock the doors. What could be wrong? The car is off of warranty now, so I really don't want to take it to the dealer and spend the money to have it fixed unless I have to. Is there something I could do to stop it from doing this?
Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
if you want it to stop, just pull the fuse for the PDL circuit, that'll cut the power, but it may also have a few other things on it, like your PW

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've found all the switches are cheap and dont last very long, I had mine replaced at about 100k as they stopped working all together and were worn clear!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So we took the car to the dealer today and they have no idea whats going on. The guy wants us to bring it back to the dealership on Wednesday so that he can keep it overnight to figure out whats going on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.