Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have basically the very base 2009 Chevy Cobalt LS and want to add power locks.

I was curious if there was any tips to what I hook up the lights, trunk release and siren wires to from the kit to. I am thinking I can hook up to the trunk button for the trunk release wire but I'm not sure on the siren and lights.

Also my primary concern and one from a couple mechanics I asked while seeing if anyone else would install it for me is will this unit trigger the security to kill the car or is that only a remote start kit that would cause that?

Here is a picture of it's wiring.

Here's a link to the kit I have:

·
Registered
679 Posts
Depending on where you pull power from (switched side of ignition). It’s a stand alone system with the exception of the trunk release. You may wish to find the schematic to the Cobalt trunk release circuit. IIRC the trunk release button goes straight to the BCM.
I don’t have those schematics handy. Someone here has posted them before.

Check with the mfg of your kit for details.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok I have removed a lojack that was wired to the ODB plugin port i was gonna wire the lock system to as it always has power.

Also yes there is a trunk release button i was also gonna hook up to. I just wasnt sure if this or other wires such as lights would affect it. But given that all the wires i was gonna hook up to were accessible without power by some means it shouldnt cause issues.

I guess i will just give it a shot and report back later when done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts