Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So first. off the power locks stopped working. Switches inside and remote. Of course i checked all fuses, they are all good. Key opens doors, trunk and unlocks ignition cylinder. Opening doors sets off alarm. Lights and horn(Pulled horn fuse due to this) when starting i do see the lock system on the dash(anti theft) guessed the key is not chipped, so i tried to get a new key and have programed. Did not work.. want locks and horn back. What should i do?

·
Registered
595 Posts
You likely are having an issue with the body control module (BCM). This is not like an easy fix with a fuse or anything. Usually module has to be repaired or replaced and programmed. I believe the chip is actually inside the ignition cylinder and not the key itself. At least I know it’s like than on GM trucks from this era. Likely was integrated the same way on these cars as well.

If you can find someone that is knowledgeable about automotive electrical, that’s going to be best so it can be diagnosed and ruled out. As opposed to throwing parts at it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts